Red
    1998 WS6 Firebird

In tank fuel Pressure regulator leaking.

I have been having problems for awhile with fuel pressure on my 98 Firebird. Fuel pressure is steady at 70 PSI but will not hold if motor is shutoff or after initial prime.

When you turn the key to prime pressure will drop to 0 as soon as the prim cycle is finished. After some research and troubleshooting I figured the check valve in the fuel pump was bad or there was a problem with the fuel pressure regulator.

I ordered a new racetronix fuel pump and new regulator. As soon as I go the tank apart I saw that the O-ring had been pushed out around the pressure regulator.

I replaced the pressure regulator and O-ring with the new parts I had ordered. When doing so I could see that the plastic housing that holds the regulator was deformed. It is no longer round but more egg shaped. The regulator seemed very loose but I put it back together to test.

After I put everything back together my fuel pressure was only around 28 PSI and I could see that fuel was blowing by the O-ring and spraying out past the regulator.

I need a new housing that the regulator goes into but I can not find one anywhere online. i went to the dealer and they could not find a reference for this part. they told me it came as an assembly and wanted $500 for the assembly. I am not going that way.

anyone have any suggestions or possibly a spare part you have lying around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

black
    2001 camaro ss

im not a pro with these, but an assemble is most likely going to be the way to go. most all areas are different but often it is easier to get one from a junk yard for cheap. then you can just slap your new parts into the new/old assembly you get. have you tried your local parts stores ?? usually 1/2 the price of the dealer

Red
    1998 WS6 Firebird

I have checked with a few of the local parts stores but they are also unable to locate the part I am looking for. they suggest I order the entire assembly and it should be included. Their prices are still over $300. I have not yet looked into the junk yards yet. This may be the route I will have to go If I am unable to locate a new replacement part.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

do you have a part number for it? I would recommend 2 things. One is getting in touch with gmpartsdirect (link at the bottom of the page) and seeing what they can do for you. I know people have ordered that regulator separately in the past but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. The other thing is to comb the junkyards and find one there. Will be a lot cheaper to find one there.

Thread Information