Thread: T-Tops rattle.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Question T-Tops rattle.

Had a front glass put in the Trans and now the tops are rattling. I still have the shades in the tops and they seem to be right, but I have a rattle when I hit a bump. Never had the tops out, out of 6 years of owning this car just because of this reason. can anyone help.

the locking assembly rattled on mine. You may want to take the cover off that exposes the locking assembly (i think it's just 4 screws if i remember correctly). I put visceolastic on the parts that were rattling and didn't have any more rattles.

Red
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by mdh100
    the locking assembly rattled on mine. You may want to take the cover off that exposes the locking assembly (i think it's just 4 screws if i remember correctly). I put visceolastic on the parts that were rattling and didn't have any more rattles.

What is, who makes, who sells, how much does visceolastic cost. We gotta know.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

yeah, that makes me think those viscoelastic memory cells from the sweet bed comercial, you know, the one nasa came up with. . . .you cut up your bed and cushy up your tops or what? do tell

I bought mine from www.mcmaster.com. They don't seem to be selling it anymore though. You can also check out Hi-Temp Mastic, which was the equivalent to dynomat (if I recall correctly the same company made both, just repackaged it). Brown Bread and Raammat would also do the job....I'd suggest Brown Bread. The Visceolastic as well as the others I listed here are just sound dampening materials. All the above are cheaper than dynomat and work better (except Hi-Temp Mastic which is the same stuff as dynomat). Do a search on Google and it should give you a list of places that are selling them.

Thread Information