Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry Suspension Diagnostic

Hey Good buddies,

Besides my TA problems, I have an Expedition suspension problem that you guys may know about.

The suspension check light when on and then off about a month ago.
    The wife took the Expedition to Vegas this past weekend. While diagnosing my TA, I noticed that the Expedition rear is bottoming. Check out the image:

Do you think these arms are loosening causing the rear to dip:

It's the first time that I notice, but the Expedition has an Air Suspension box... anyone know what this does and could it be the cause for the dip from air suspension loss? Thank God our Tas don't have one of these boxes.

Any advice would be cool

Matt

white
    2002 z28

wow didnt know expos had air susp. but dealing with semis, there could be something in the air line, compressor, or valving, but the rear deintly sagging from that

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it's like having air shocks on the vehicle. might have a blown shock and/or ruptured line.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Air Suspension

Did a little research last night. Most Expedition comes with Air Suspension, Shocks...... they are a very costly replacement when gone bad. They do raise and lower based on usage. They are a 3 part system... you have the Thermo whatever, air strut, and something else. My Expedition does have a problem, but from what I've seen last night, it's a mechanical controlling failure. I parked or reared that vehicle to the back of my driveway last night... and found out that rear has retured to its proper height... this tells me an electrical failure left the vehicle lowered.

The good news: The air suspension system can be replaced by a Mechanical Strut/Shock kit to save owner's future cost. This cost about $400 or $500 bucks.

Good day,
    Mattttt
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    wow didnt know expos had air susp. but dealing with semis, there could be something in the air line, compressor, or valving, but the rear deintly sagging from that

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Quick

Just wanted to do a quick reply..... it's not blown or rupture. It's an electronical mechanism failure that failed or forgot to rase the vehicle. I don't see the reason why it lowered it and left it that way in the first place.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    it's like having air shocks on the vehicle. might have a blown shock and/or ruptured line.

Thread Information