white
    1999 trans am

Super deal for! But dont know if it would work?

Alright a buddy of mine just got all this work done to his GTO(LS2) AND HAS COMPLETE HEADS(SPRINGS ROCKERS ETC..), OIL PUMP, INJECTORS,AND FUEL RAILS. NOW I CAN GET ALL THIS STUFF FOR FREE. I READ THAT I COULD GET THE HEADS PORTED, AND PUT IT IN WITH A CAM THAT I WOULD GET GOOD GAINS. CHEAP CAUSE I KNOW A SHOP THAT WOULD DO IT FOR 600$. BETTER THAN BUYING A WHOLE NEW SET. SO HAS ANYONE USED LS2 STUFF IN THEIR LS1'S AND REMEMBER ITS FREE SO I DONT LOOSE NOTHING JUST DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE CHANGEOVER. OH CAR ONLY HAD 21000 MILES WHEN HE PULLED ALL THAT STUFF OFF. THANKS!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, get those heads and have them ported. You'll need new springs if you go with a different cam. I'm also fairly certain that those fuel rails aren't an upgrade for you, I believe LS2 rails are the same as LS1 rails but I might be mistaken there.

PBM
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, get those heads and have them ported. You'll need new springs if you go with a different cam. I'm also fairly certain that those fuel rails aren't an upgrade for you, I believe LS2 rails are the same as LS1 rails but I might be mistaken there.
    The rails "might" be the same but the injectors are larger right. If they are larger then the rails might be bigger. Could be wrong would not be the first time.

white
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yea what u think about the injectors do u think it would hurt to upgrade i think its 4 lb diff but newer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

The ls2 injectors do flow more than ls1 injectors but they're shorter and have different connectors so you'd need to buy adapters to get them to work. Since the injectors are shorter then it would make sense that the rails would line up differently to the intake so the rails aren't the same. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

white
    1999 trans am

now what do i ask for when i go get the heads done? and should i just pick a cam after i know what the new heads are flowing? and i appreciate ur help trying to make little money go far lol

Thread Information