Impounded

Suggestions for Mods

Alright. Well i should be putting my Trans Am in the shop in the next few weeks to get my exhaust on (finally...)
    i have some extra change left over...and i need some suggestions on some mods i should do...
    i was thinking
    18 Gunmetal Grey C6 Z06s wrapped in BFGoodrich G-Forces
    Strano Springs
    UMI SFC
    Hotchkis STB
    LS7 Clutch with master cylindar drill mod
    wire hide mod
    some interior redone/repainted
    racing seats
    tune it
    i dont really know...im up for suggestions
    i could use some ideas...HP is a desire...obviously but i dont want it cam'd

black
    1998 trans am

procharger lol

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by marksls1ta View Post
    procharger lol
    Hell yeah! haha but idk if thats in my price range...
    i mean you can pm me the price of all the parts needed but idk if i can affort it now

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

ProCharger=

FORWARD...HO!!!!!!!

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    ProCharger=

FORWARD...HO!!!!!!!
    lmao...yeah but on a stock ws6...no internals or suspension mods...itll have to be a low boost...like 4lbs or so right?

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Sounds good, but as far as I know, most people think a STB is a waste of money, it's mainly an underhood dress up mod.

I just intalled a ported TB on mine 2 weeks ago, and I love it. I really can tell a difference, throttle response is much improved, and it pulls better at low rpms. DEFINITELY worth the 50 bucks. I got it from a ebay seller, the one with the boobs in the ad.

I don't know if I'll run any better at the track, but for a mod that you can actually notice, it's 50 bucks well spent. I run a Fast Toys Ram Air, which goes for 4 times as much, and I noticed NOTHING when I installed it. Nothing against that company, but it's nice to actually feel a difference after installing a mod.

As far as th wheels, the Z06's are nice, but why not soemthing different?? Everyone and their brother runs vette knockoffs on these. Persnally I htink your stock WS6's look better. And for the price of new wheels and tires, you can get alot of performance parts. Maybe full exhaust??? And unless you go that route, you really don't need a tune yet,so save your money on that one.

black
    1998 trans am

We have a stock bottom end and heads corvette that has been running 10lbs for the last 30,000 miles

it is on meth inj.

I would say that 6 to 8 lbs and a GOOD tune is ok.

thanks,
    Mark

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Sounds good, but as far as I know, most people think a STB is a waste of money, it's mainly an underhood dress up mod.

I just intalled a ported TB on mine 2 weeks ago, and I love it. I really can tell a difference, throttle response is much improved, and it pulls better at low rpms. DEFINITELY worth the 50 bucks. I got it from a ebay seller, the one with the boobs in the ad.

I don't know if I'll run any better at the track, but for a mod that you can actually notice, it's 50 bucks well spent. I run a Fast Toys Ram Air, which goes for 4 times as much, and I noticed NOTHING when I installed it. Nothing against that company, but it's nice to actually feel a difference after installing a mod.

As far as th wheels, the Z06's are nice, but why not soemthing different?? Everyone and their brother runs vette knockoffs on these. Persnally I htink your stock WS6's look better. And for the price of new wheels and tires, you can get alot of performance parts. Maybe full exhaust??? And unless you go that route, you really don't need a tune yet,so save your money on that one.
    well as for the full exhaust..im already getting one...unless i have to throw that money into the procharger
    as for a ported TB...everyone i talk to say dont bother with the TB or Intake because of the mods i dont have lol
    ive heard about the STB
    and the lids...it seems to have mixed emotions
    rims...yeah corvettes are ran by everyone..but no offense to anyone...but i believe those look best on the f bodes...and my stockers are filthy with curb rash and peeling from the last owners ignorance of using harsh rims cleaners

mark-what HP am i looking at if everything is stock with that procharger?

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

a nice set of heads will do you some good. of course getting a procharger is awsome too, but i'd be paranoid everytime I put the pedal to the floor running it on a stock internals car. Some do it and get away with it for xx,xxx miles, and others just fall on their face. anyways, good luck with it bro

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by natews6 View Post
    a nice set of heads will do you some good. of course getting a procharger is awsome too, but i'd be paranoid everytime I put the pedal to the floor running it on a stock internals car. Some do it and get away with it for xx,xxx miles, and others just fall on their face. anyways, good luck with it bro
    well what should i do for internals then?
    like whats their purpose/price/option...im not very educated when it comes to internals

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ok word of advice...if you are not going to run slp blis or konis ..dont waste your time running stranos on the decarbons...waste of your time and the springs time.

internal wise...dont worry too much...run a PC ..get gauges like fuel pressure etc etc...get a awesome tune and run 6-8lbs and you will be golden ..id throw in a new fuel pump and injectors personally but that is me..the tune is VITAL ! for FI or for H/C ..it is all in the tune.

to forge your internals you will need to look for rods, pistons and cranks (very basic explanation) look to our sponsors or texas speed ..they will take care of you...FI is expensive..just like H/C or nitrous when done right and in the long run.....i like your mod list tho..gotta make sure the foundation is strong and sound before you start to build the rest of the house
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

98' trans am

scratch that...get rid of the racing seats and repainting the interior...waste of time...worry about that stuff..when you make enough power that you need a roll cage etc ...

Impounded
    well if i do get the procharger...my next steps would be suspension mods and internals...clutch and the probably the roll cage
    and i seen how some ppl run Z06 internals....but i meant for internals...this is going to be a few thousdand dollars right?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well if i do get the procharger...my next steps would be suspension mods and internals...clutch and the probably the roll cage
    and i seen how some ppl run Z06 internals....but i meant for internals...this is going to be a few thousdand dollars right?
    go to texas speed and do some searching..you will get a rough price..mind you they sell forged rotating Assembly with everything you need all over the place

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you want to do this right, Procharger, rear-end, clutch, drive shaft, built trans, tires, SFC, gauges, install, tune, lower control arms, torque arm, relocation brackets, etc etc etc....

15K...EASILY.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well what should i do for internals then?
    like whats their purpose/price/option...im not very educated when it comes to internals
    At 8lbs of boost you are fine running stock internals. You MUST get a great tune though.

If you plan on running more psi than that, you have to get the bottom end of the motor forged. This means new connecting rods and pistons. The parts themselves aren't that bad as far as price goes. It's the labor that kills. If you can do it yourself, you can do it for relatively cheap. Relatively cheap has its own definition to every person though.

At 8lbs with a conservative tune on stock internals you would be pushing very close to 500rwhp.

Impounded
    ok...i went to texas-speed.com and i have no idea what i should get...
    but again...i know with my luck that just like everyone says...ima be racing a crotchrocket or mustang and then my rear end it just going to fuck me over

Thread Information