Red
    99 SS Convertible

The SS was stolen

Yup, btw hello all. As the title said, the SS was stolen and then recovered 10 days later. You won't believe this, but the thief datailed my car, was in the process of upgrading the stock stereo and left me with a S%^t load of soaps, waxs. etc for me.
    But besides the fact that the appearence of my car is now better then it was before it was stolen, now I'm stuck with this annoying sound coming from the rear end area. It can be heard anywhere above 35, then gets louder and higher-pitched as I go faster. This only happens when I apply a slight pressure on the gas peddle. As I push harder down the sound goes away slightly but the pitch goes higher. Yeah, I know this isn't music 101, but has anyone this sound before? Hope someone knows what's up. Thanks!

jon

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redfire99ss View Post
    Yup, btw hello all. As the title said, the SS was stolen and then recovered 10 days later. You won't believe this, but the thief datailed my car, was in the process of upgrading the stock stereo and left me with a S%^t load of soaps, waxs. etc for me.
    But besides the fact that the appearence of my car is now better then it was before it was stolen, now I'm stuck with this annoying sound coming from the rear end area. It can be heard anywhere above 35, then gets louder and higher-pitched as I go faster. This only happens when I apply a slight pressure on the gas peddle. As I push harder down the sound goes away slightly but the pitch goes higher. Yeah, I know this isn't music 101, but has anyone this sound before? Hope someone knows what's up. Thanks!

jon
    What the hell did he think he was going to do?Put plates on it and drive it around?People are stupid as shit nowadays!!Glad you got your car back anyways..Send him a bill for the repairs needed for the rearend!!

Red
    99 SS Convertible

yeah, the guy's an idiot. He put deleware plates on it and put about a thousand miles on it! Plus, he stole 14 other vehicles! The paper quoted that he stole 5 cobras, but get this, my car was his daily driver. No shit, the officer said he had receipts all in it, and his prints were all over mine and mine was the center of the investigation. The other vehicles didn't have hardly any prints on them. So freakin weird!
    So the rear is tits up? Btw, he hasn't been arrested yet and he has 7 warrents out too. Bastard.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Sounds like he proly broke the tires loose a few times and now theres some gear whine. If it's not too annoying I wouldn't worry about it. My Strange 12 bolt howls like a scolded dog.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

how did he steal it, did he hotwire it or did u leave the keys in it, i hope he didnt beat the fukin piss outa it. How does the engine sound?

mystic
    95 LS, yes it says LS

If your car has a factory BOSE sound system, then unhook the woofer in the rear of the car. Its not your rear end!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Wow, consider yourself lucky. Most people that get their car back wish they would've never found it. Glad to hear you got it back and it was clean. It's hard to tell if you're describing a rear end issue or a high pitch squeal in the speakers themselves. Can you elaborate a little to help us rule out one or the other?

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by redfire99ss View Post

jon
    there could be a bad ground somewhere that would cause a whine also. I had that happen in my car.

Silver
    2002 Z28

he detailed it, thats fucking awesome lol.

Red
    99 SS Convertible

nope, it aint the stereo fellas cause it's not in the car anymore. Just an empty space there with the connectors just dangling out the hole where the stereo was.

How he stole it? Well apparently he somehow got the exact key to start it up. I had both in my possesion when I was away for those 3 days. The officer showed me the key and it looked like it had been used for yrs. It was worn pretty badly. I asked the cop if I could take it to the station to see if it really worked, and sure as shit it started my car right up. Don't ask me where he got it. But if the bastard can steal 15 cars in 2 weeks, I'm sure he wouldn't have been challanged with gettin keys from someone he knew.

IYP
    damn man, when they catch him you gotta go thank him for the free shit :/

unplug the speakers for a ride and see if its them or the rear end, if its the rear end ask him what he did toy it while your thanking him

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

it might have been some sort of master key from GM that he acquired somehow

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

or if he knows a repo guy he coulda just got your vin and gotten a key for it thro GM, i believe repo guys have that ablility

NBM
    99 TA

he coulda just got the vin and went to GM and got a key cut

Thread Information