white
    2000 ws6 6 speed

Squeak from hell....

Where to begin. How to explain. Well, I shall try my best.

I have a squeak from the front passenger side of the vehicle, by the tire (I believe). First off, things I have tried:

1) grease/lube every joint and even used some zep 45 lubricant on the strut/shock spring and joints.

2) jack up car and jerk back and forth on wheel in every which way, no squeak at all.

3) with car on ground push down on top of fender over and over, no squeak at all.

4) grab sway bar and shake it and lube its bushings.

5) plastic panel in front of the front passenger tire was cracked. I screwed the 2 pieces back together w/ locking washers, used loctite plastic epoxy in between and coated every edge or area that touched anything with black RTV silicone. Squeak was still there.

It is an intermittent squeak, however, it does it 90% of the time when I take off (and does it louder the more I drop the clutch or if I do a on purpose unsmooth jumpy take off like beginners do when they are learning a manual). If I have the car in first gear and run it up to about 3k RPMs and then floor it, it will squeak for a half second, let off gas and re-floor it, squeak again, ect.... It will also do it SOMETIMES when I drive down my parents dirt road and go over all the bumps. It will squeak squeak squeak, then a week later, same bumps, no squeak. Sometimes when slowing down it will do it or going around a turn but those are more rare. Also when I was driving 85mph on a long trip it was doing it here and there with cruise on. Does not matter if a/c is on or not. New tires, balanced, aligned. Drives great. Squeaks anytime I take off from what sounds like the front passenger tire. I've tried to get under it and wiggle everything possible with no success. Car has 34k miles on it, 00' ws6 6 speed. Hoping one of you geniuses might have an idea of where to start. Thanks!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Could it be a trans mount ????
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Stuck caliper or the steel backing on the brake pad itself?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would like to hear what it sounds like......is it a suspension or wheel related squeek or could it be a tensioner pulley squeeking? Does the sound or pitch change if it squeeks and you turn the wheel either direction? The brakes may be a good place to look like 35th said.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

They should make a commercial about diagnosing car problems from sounds the customers say they make. Oh yeah, they already did. lol
    Last edited by 2002ssslp; 07-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Almost sounds like a rubbing heat shield to me.

Also agree with a possible brake issue.

Thread Information