Red?
    2001 Z28

Speed shop recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a high quality speed shop within an hour or so from my location? I live near Belle Vernon, PA. I had been dealing with a particular shop for the last seven years. I had been EXTREMELY satisfied with the quality of their work, and the very timely manner in which they completed it. The shop also has a chassis dyno, which was also an asset. It seems, however, that the founder has retired, and turned the business over to his son. The son is a very knowlegeable and qualified individual, mechanically, but I'm very concerned about the shop's apparent lack of efficiency, since he assumed control. I scheduled an appointment for a gear change. The parts had been ordered, and had, supposedly, arrived prior to the scheduling of the appointment, by my request, in order to decrease the down time of my car, which is a daily driver. As of today, the car still isn't done, and it's now been in their shop 15 days. Naturally, I'm disgusted by this, and very hesitant to schedule any more work there. This is why I'm searching for a new place. I don't mind paying extra for quality work, but I also expect the work to be completed in a timely manner. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Black
    2000 Z-28

What is the name of the shop your car is currently in?
    Vote for Pedro.

Im guessing Stropes. Never heard a good thing about them. Contact JJs Automotive in Mt Pleasant. They are the LSx gurus in the area.
    Check out www.lsxperformanceparts.net and contact Mater for anything you need.
    02 TA A4
    408ci - 244/250/612/622 | PRC 237 heads | FTRA |100mm lid | FAST92/92 | Kooks 1 7/8 | Hooker CB | DMH Cutout | built trans | Yank4000 | 412 motorsports tuned | stock rear:judge:

08 TBSS - Borla CB

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by onyx_rock View Post
    Im guessing Stropes. Never heard a good thing about them. Contact JJs Automotive in Mt Pleasant. They are the LSx gurus in the area.
    Check out www.lsxperformanceparts.net and contact Mater for anything you need.
    Yes, it was Stropes. Thanks alot for the info on JJ's. I'll definitely check them out.

Thats interesting. Last winter I tried to get and apt for dyno tuning at Stropes. When I called the guy told me it was too cold in the winter to dyno tune check back in the spring. Imagine that.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rickssz View Post
    Thats interesting. Last winter I tried to get and apt for dyno tuning at Stropes. When I called the guy told me it was too cold in the winter to dyno tune check back in the spring. Imagine that.
    I don't really disagree with that. If you dynotune in the winter when the temps are low you can run more timing in the car then summer comes around and now you have all this timing and start detonating. I don't disagree with them for doing that.

The man told me it would make his shop cold if he opened the door to put my car on the dyno. He wasnt the slightest bit concerned with the effectiveness of the tune.I guess he wouldnt sell me a set of GSD3 in the winter either!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

15 days!!! jesus......you can do a gear change in a couple of hours. I would get in that shop and make sure your ride is still in one piece! good luck brother

Thread Information