92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Spark Plug Wires on E-Bay

SPARK PLUG WIRES SET 98-02 FIREBIRD TRANS AM LS1 WS1 | eBay

I purchased the Set above and although they look like High Quality stating 9mm the ones I got looked even better saying 10.2 mm Racing.

The Boots look identical but when installing these wires the Locking Click sound normally heard when putting the wires on was not Audible. Also the Boots were Thin and did not Grip onto the Coils Very Well.

The Fit was Loose enough that water had gathered inside the boots at the coil ends.

I've contacted the Seller and explained the Quality Issue, we'll see what happens.

Should have bought the MSD's originally, but since I was stranded I put a Factory Corvette Set on.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Like the saying goes: You get what you pay for. Some sellers will try to pass themself off as being grade-A quality, but their feedback rating could really be scheisse. Let us know how you make out. If the seller doesn't make good on a refund/exchange, leave negative feedback. Hell, the DuraLast wires I ran on my old motor were just as good as OEM.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

yeah there are certain things that you can't buy of ebay. I personally ran MSD's and i like them. I have to replace those in the future and i'm looking to get taylor's next time.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

MSD is the only way to go. Just throw those ebay wires out and buy the MSD's. I do not think you shoud resell the cheap wires after you found out they were no good. It is a cheap lesson learned.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

What is a ws1
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

The seller responded saying I was the first to report a problem.
    Thats as far as it went, junk wires and no making good on the sale. I sell on eBay and would never alow something like this to happen.

Never said I would resell them, they are junk.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Just a tip -- when you install new plug wires, put a dab if dielectric grease in each of the boots. It helps to seal out moisture and makes future removal less of a chore.

Thread Information