black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

Spark plug wire and plug!

I just got my new spark plugs I have champion double platinums and denso iridiums which should I use? I want to save gas but I also want the iridium power how much of a difference in timing of the 1/4 mile should I lose if I were to use the double platinums instead of the iridiums? and I need help getting spark plug wire and plug #1 facing the LS1 from the front the others are arm reaching distance but not #1 how do i get that sucker out?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by RYDER661
    I just got my new spark plugs I have champion double platinums and denso iridiums which should I use? I want to save gas but I also want the iridium power how much of a difference in timing of the 1/4 mile should I lose if I were to use the double platinums instead of the iridiums? and I need help getting spark plug wire and plug #1 facing the LS1 from the front the others are arm reaching distance but not #1 how do i get that sucker out?
    I've always used NGK TR55's so I can't help you on your plug choice. I'm going to guess you actually mean plug #8 which is the bitch plug to get out with stock manifolds on. Looking at the car from the front the drivers side plugs are 1-3-5-7 and on the passenger side they're 2-4-6-8. #8 being the furthest back under the firewall. It takes some creative hand work to get it and a swivel makes it much easier. The first thing you should do though is pull the coil packs on that side. It's only a couple of extra bolts and makes the whole plug change way easier.

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

thanks for the help man im gonna take out the coils first thing in the morning

Thread Information