Black
    99 WS6

should i buy this ws6?

Went to look at a ws6 today....my 95 deville blew up....i have a couple general questions about what to look for and such when buying one of these cars and was also wondering what you guys think it would be worth.

Its a 99 black ws6 with c6 wheels but mostly bone stock other wise with 75,000 miles on it.....the transmission was rebuilt about 15000 miles ago because he said the OD went out on it....when rolling along in D and you gear down to first it makes a pretty ruff noise....i asked the guy about it and he said he was pretty sure it was just the link being too tight or something...does this sound legit???...

did find some mold under the back hatch where the t tops go and he said the car had been sitting for sale for a while and he acted pretty surprised when he saw it....it needs an O2 sensor replaced so the check engine light is on.....the driver side light doesnt pop all the way up due to a damaged gear....and it made a weird grinding noise when i got it a little sideways but i think that was just due to the back tires rubbing....

anyway so what do you guys think its worth and what do you think about the tranny problem....he is askin 8500 for it but he will come off of that a little

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Most stuff sounds minor. I would spend a 100 bucks and take it to a reputable mechanic and have him tell you what's wrong w/ it. If it all checks out why not. If the rears are 295's they might rub so the well will need some grinding. Then againg so many deals especially on tech why settle for someone elses problem?

Black
    99 WS6

well this one is in town and it would make it a lot easier if i didnt have to make a trip to find a car.....the rear is only a 275 and the only time it did it was when i put it sideways but i did look under it when i got back and the tire is rubbing in there a lil bit

primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

would this get more views in the firebird section.....i was the one that posted for iwannagofast....

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Possibly might get more views.
    You have no idea that a 500 mile drive can be so much easier than local and fixing headlight gears, taking out carpet to get rid of fungus etc.

my ws6 eats rice gokillyourself's Avatar

sexy
    1999 trans am ws6

i wouldn't waste the money, you can get a nice ws6 with no problems for the same price, anyways, if there are that many problems with it that you seen so far who knows what else is wrong with it after you buy it, sounds like its been wrecked, the frame maybe bent or the rear end it out of alignment, and i am sure he has run the hell out of it. with all the things you found wrong with it sounds like he has not taken good care of it. IT WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO DO SOME SHOPPING, DON'T BUY IT, YOU ASKING FOR PROBLEMS.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by gokillyourself View Post
    i wouldn't waste the money, you can get a nice ws6 with no problems for the same price, anyways, if there are that many problems with it that you seen so far who knows what else is wrong with it after you buy it, sounds like its been wrecked, the frame maybe bent or the rear end it out of alignment, and i am sure he has run the hell out of it. with all the things you found wrong with it sounds like he has not taken good care of it. IT WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO DO SOME SHOPPING, DON'T BUY IT, YOU ASKING FOR PROBLEMS.
    I agree, you might wanna find something with a little less problems, even if you have to spend a little more money. It will be worth it for you in the long run!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I shopped for 3 months before I found my 98' T/A. Paid $6700, had 106k miles on it, but was in far better condition than the one you described. Previous owner fixed the lights, other than that nothing wrong except she was stock, no WS6. In the long run, I think I am better off, because I want to do most of the mods myself.....

Thread Information