SOM
    '02 Z28

SES Light Flashing???

Yikes! Got a FLASHING SES light and a really rough running car! Anybody? I can hold the pedal at an even place and the RPMs jump all over the place. When it goes in park, it settles down... It's shifting really hard and revving really high before it goes anywhere... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,
    Jen

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Flashing light means you have multiple codes "more than one fault" Go get the codes read from chinazone or local parts store and post codes so we can help you further. sounds like you've got a good miss
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

black
    02 z28

your car may also be in limp mode from all of the codes...barely runs but it runs. do as stated and get the codes checked out, if you think you may have a miss then check your plugs and wires for any problems.

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Limp mode "aka also known as safe mode" Goes into a pre-tune that gm has there which retards timing and makes sure you cant run your car hard too blow anything up.
    J

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Flashing means a misfire has been detected, get the codes read and come back to us. It might narrow it down to a certain cylinder
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 06-22-2006 at 11:23 AM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Check all your wires and make sure they're all on.....check the plugs for fouling...yes even the #8 plug Did you do any recent mods? Wouldn't hurt to clean the maf....if you know someone with a f-bod then swap the mafs and see what happens.

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

goodshit ya learn somethin new everyday, was told somethin else but thank ya baddz for correcting
    J

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Severe is right too, I don't know the workings behind it, but I know that sometimes the MAF sets the misfire code. Once the codes are read we will know what to fdo from here

SOM
    '02 Z28

Okay took the car to autozone. Got 4 codes....
    P0134 sensor 1 bank 1 no activity
    p0300 misfire multiple cylinders (2 of those)
    P1133 ?? not sure she didn't write it down

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

p0134 no activity. i know you were having sensor wiring issues so i would check the wiring and make sure there not burned or issued in any way.
    p0300 as you said misfire detected, check all of your plug wires and make sure there not melted or loose. especialy on passenger side, seems too cause alot of problems with the clutter.
    p1133 would say fixin your 02 sensor problem would also fix this fault. Im thinkin this is saying your 02 sensor b1s1 is being "lazy" i ran into this problem and it was bc the ceramic in the lt's i put in contaminated it so i replaced the sensor and sofar so good.
    J

SOM
    '02 Z28

Thanks! You are a doll! I am going to replace the O2 sensor all the way and change the plug wires.... then we will see what happens....

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Sounds like a goodstart then have your codes pulled or just disconnected your battery for about ten mins or so and it should reset your ses light.
    J

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Honestly I would say that one of those is actually causing codes for the other. Multiple cylinder misfire is probaly not an actualy misfire situation. Take car of the O2s and clean the MAF with a non-residue electronics cleaner and you might solve the whole problem. Of course, if you have the money, go ahead and change the plugs and wires both as basic maintenence either way, it's always good to keep ahead of the maintenance schedule

Bright Rally Red
    2000&2001 Camaro SS

clean your whole air intake including youir MAF first before you spend hella money on the o2's. my SES light would come on and stay on, had it checked and the dealerhsip said 3 o2's were going bad, plus 1 cat converter. anyway they took of the whole air intake from the LID to the Throttle Body and clean everything, codes went away. they said it was the crap blocking the sensor in my MAF that was causing the errors downstream. so check your intake system first before spending money and time on o2's.

SOM
    '02 Z28

Thanks. I did replace the b1 sensor just because it was all gunked up and nasty so I will try that. Plus I changed the plug wires. The plugs themselves are just fine. Also, rerouted the wiring over the crossmember so that this hopefully doesn't happen anymore with the dragging wires on the ground. We'll see, I am on the way to Autozone now to have it checked out then I will post back with the findings!

SOM
    '02 Z28

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Codes are gone, car's running AWESOME! I am pumped. Thanks for everyone's help and ideas.... I appreciate it and ya'll saved me tons of $$$. Anyway, it's such a georgeous day, I think I will go for a cruise now!!
    Jen

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Glad it worked out for ya, Now go find some rustangs and show them whats up
    J

SOM
    '02 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Glad it worked out for ya, Now go find some rustangs and show them whats up
    J
    Hellz yeah! It runs but not super great, gotta get the tune re-done. Then I will be haulin some ass!!!

Artic white
    @001 Camaro

This is an old thread but I'm having ses light flashing also. Took it to autozone and its throwing code P.1133-Manufacurer Control Fuel Air Metering. So I changed the o2 and its still sputtering and a missing sound in my exhaust and right header. So I unhooked both front o2s and changed my slp maf back to the stock and still having the same problems. I have kook headers and catted ys though have had no problems of the car running like this and the aftermarket parts have been installed for a few years.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

The O2 code is secondary.... since the car is actively misfiring (flashing ses) then it also 'appears' lean to that bank (and will not respond the way it expects as it continually adds fuel) and will set O2 codes.

Plugs and wires are first suspect with a misfire.

Thread Information