Thread: SES light!

Navy Blue Metallic/Black
    02 camaro z28/01 wife t/a

SES light!

My dang SES just does not what to seem to turn off... is been on since i both the car and i would really like it to be off, i went to the local auto zone today and now there telling me i have 10 codes on!!!... i just change out all 4 oxygen sensors.. but the same codes still come on.

My question is, what are some off the problems causing this codes? could it be my fuel pump going out, or maybe my cats are shot? plus will getting a frost tune after long tubes make the codes go away? and should i be driving the car like this?

here is the list

p0155
    p0154
    p0160
    p0140
    p0704- what is a clutch switch and what does it do?

also how can u tell if your fuel pump is gone or if your cats are shot? thanks for all the help!
    Last edited by reaper ws6; 07-21-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

CATS Clogged - car will run like crap or won't even start if bad enough
    Fuel Pump - on the drivers side of the fuel rails there is a black cap, unscrew and hook up a fuel pressure gauge, should read around 50 psi with the ky in the run position

Clutch Switch - If you have a M6 (I'm assuming here) it is a safety switch that kills cruise control when you push the clutch in, just like when you apply the breaks

Frost tunes delete the rear O2 sensors, egr/air stuff and a few other things. You can ask him directly or check his site out.

Bird Rehab Center ThunderChicken's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Sounds like someone took off the cats and O2 sensors with headers and never got the car tuned. That's about all you can do because those are ALL O2 codes.

Don't worry about the rear 02 codes yet. I'd concentrate on 155 snf 154, both are for the passenger side precat sensor. Make sure it's tight and the harness/connector is good. You can look up code descriptions/diagnostics individually for your particular year at gearchatter.com

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

Thanks a lot for your fast response and answers, now do you think i should be driving the car like this? with all this codes? it dose smell like gas alot wen im at 3k and up so i try to stay at 1k to 2k. All the codes are oxygen sensor problems but im not sure what is causing them because all off my oxygen sensors are brand new!! here is what the codes read.

p0160
    circuit condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 2)
    explanation- The powertrain control module uses the oxygen sensor to calculate air/fuel ratio
    in the exhaust
    probable causes- oxygen sensor defective,system running very rich or lean, engine misfire, fuel pressure very high or low pump or pressure regulator

p0155- heater condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1)
    explanation- the powertrain control module monitors the oxygen sensor heater. The computer has recognize a failure in this circuit
    probable cause- oxygen sensor defective, poor connection at oxygen sensor, check circuit-fuse

p0154 circuit conditon (heated oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1)

explanation- The powertrain control module uses the oxygen sensor to calculate air/fuel ratio
    in the exhaust
    probable causes- oxygen sensor defective,system running very rich or lean, engine misfire, fuel pressure very high or low pump or pressure regulator

p0140- circuit condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2)

in the exhaust

also is bank one the sensors before the cat's and bank 2 the sensors after the cat's? am i rite?
    Last edited by reaper ws6; 07-21-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Bank 1 is drivers side, Bank 2 is passenger side. Sensor 1 is precat, Sensor 2 is post cat. The rear 02's don't affect performance, just the fronts, and only the passenger side has an issue so look at that first.

Navy Blue Metallic/Black

thanks will do

Thread Information