Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

ses code after o2 swap

I recently did a cam swap and got a tune and a few days after I starting driving it around I got ses codes that bank 2 sensor was bad so I replaced both sides and my back ones are deleted but im still getting a ses engine code. Do I need to have someone erase the code or will it eventually go away after a certain amounts of starts? Or could I have some thing else going wrong somewhere?

Artic
    2002 Z28

scan the code.. see what it is and go from there. Erasing the code will only be a temporary fix, it will just come back on a day or 2 later. Maybe your tuner missed something. It happens

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Depending on what type of 02 front sensors you use (I have !cats also as well as LT's) will determine whether or not they will get hot enought fast enough to not set a code.

Mine would set a code but not affect drivability. 5 starts later (if they would heat up fast enough) and the SES light would go away. Still left a code in the ECU though. I believe I've got Bosch 02's in there now. If you need to know I'll go back through my records and check.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

As stated first we need to know what code it's throwing. If you want to try resetting it, reset the PCM:

"The way to reset the pcm is to first turn the key on (not cranked) then remove the "pcm ign" and "pcm bat" fuses from the fuse boxes located in the engine bay on the drivers side (in front of fender), then turn key off, replace fuses then start her up. Your PCM is now reset. If you had any code showing (SES) before... it should now be gone now.. if it comes back on then you need to have the code scanned so you can pinpoint the problem and correct it. Once corrected you can reset the PCM again to see if you solved the issue. The computer will relearn everything including anything previously programmed such as with LS1edit."

After you reset the PCM, do an idle relearn by starting it up, don't touch anything.....and let it come up to full temp. Shut it off, wait 30 seconds, then start it and and you're all set.

Navy Metallic Blue
    1999 Camaro SS

Sorry to jack the thread here, but my check engine light keeps coming on as well, and when I do the scans it comes back as left bank 1 and 2 and right bank 1 and 2.. the shop ran the scan on it and it appeared that one o2 sensor was running abnormal. Could that cause my check engine light to come on about 10 miles after I reset it? thanks

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Quote Originally Posted by 99_SSinful View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread here, but my check engine light keeps coming on as well, and when I do the scans it comes back as left bank 1 and 2 and right bank 1 and 2.. the shop ran the scan on it and it appeared that one o2 sensor was running abnormal. Could that cause my check engine light to come on about 10 miles after I reset it? thanks
    You need to give us the specific codes, and yes, 02 sensors can cause the check engine lite to come on.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

problem solved, I erased the code and its been almost 15 starts and it has not come back. Thanks for the help every one.

Thread Information