Red
    2000 Trans AM

To sell or not to sell?

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post under but I could use some input. Im going to Korea in August for a year and my car will be staying here in the states. The following Septembers I'll be makig my way to Italy and I'm debating whether I should sell the T/A here in the states or take it with me. She has some minor malfunctions (weird problem with the drl/turn signal, broken tail light and blown speakers) but not really worth getting rid of. No matter what if I take it to Italy I have to get everything external fixed for it to pass inspections. I just can't decide whether I should sell her here and spring for a bmw in Europe or keep her and try and find a way to get affordbale parts to build her up while im in Italy. a 408 stroker T/A in Italy would be a one of a kind and definitely get my d**k hard driving down the streets. If anyone has any input like how much it'd be worth in Italy, how to get affordable parts to Italy (or while im here in the states), opinions on whether I should sell her or anything else plz add.

How long will you be in Italy? How much will it cost to get your car shipped over there? These are things to consider before making a decision. You could also do a comparison of longterm strorage vs. shipping to see what would be better for you, if you are coming back to the states. I think that you also need to consider the price of fuel in Europe as compared to here. It is much more expensive over there. Are there any modifications you will need to make to your car so it passes inspection over there? That is a cost to factor in as well.

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 97bluebird View Post
    How long will you be in Italy? How much will it cost to get your car shipped over there? These are things to consider before making a decision. You could also do a comparison of longterm strorage vs. shipping to see what would be better for you, if you are coming back to the states. I think that you also need to consider the price of fuel in Europe as compared to here. It is much more expensive over there. Are there any modifications you will need to make to your car so it passes inspection over there? That is a cost to factor in as well.
    Well I'm in the Air Force so they pay to ship it over there, free of cost to me. I'll be in Italy 3 years and I could store it for the whole time I'm over there but I still owe on it and I don't want to be paying on something I can't drive for 3 years. I either wanna take it over and build it up or sell it (either here or in Italy, they're worth a lot more over there..import). That's one thing that was really deterring me from taking it is gas in Italy is over $7 a gallon and the car gets 14city/24 highway. There aren't any modifications, just things I need to replace. The car has to be in perfect functioning condition and the driver tail light is cracked, there's a weird problem in the drl/turn signal and I need to tighten the e-brake, along with a tune up.

Thread Information