Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

RunRite fuel system cleaner

Sure you guys have heard of it, they offer it at most major chains for like $79 or so. Is it worth it? Says it cleans all the injectors and shit like that. Car has 71xxx miles on it so I figured mayeb I should check into tthat kinda stuff. Give me your opinions good and bad

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm not a fan of additives/snake oil...however this stuff is gold....
    http://www.lubecontrol.com/

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Sarge you use that stuff?How often?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Every tank full....damn stuff is just outstanding.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

EVERY tank full you use it? I've been reading no more than once a year for it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hell no! 1oz for every 5 gallons. So when I fill up and come home I squirt 2-3 oz's in the tank.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Hell no! 1oz for every 5 gallons. So when I fill up and come home I squirt 2-3 oz's in the tank.
    That's what I mean, I've been readin gon another site to use it no mor ethan once a year in a tank full. Anymore was considered overkill.....I am ordering a gallon right now

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    That's what I mean, I've been readin gon another site to use it no mor ethan once a year in a tank full. Anymore was considered overkill.....I am ordering a gallon right now
    FP60? Hell no...stuff is great man...you'll feel the difference after a couple of tankfulls...here...from their website...
    The recommended dosage is located on each bottle of product: 1oz. for every 5 gallons of gas or diesel fuel added. Shake well before every application.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

$44 for a gallon plus measuring bottle ans shipping, Runrite was over $75...not bad. Thanks Sarge, you finally helped me out with something.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL...good...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Now you can help me out...man I am struggling....I love the 402 ...she is built to the max...heads/cam///the works...trannie built for bear...4L65E Stage 5 by Finish Line....custom built driveshaft by Extreme Performance...rear end/axles....blah blah blah....new stall in this week...Yank Race Convertor ( Vig shit the bed)...here is my issue...dayum I cannot quit thinking what this beast would be like with a ProCharger DSC-1....talk me out of it Hurley.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Now you can help me out...man I am struggling....I love the 402 ...she is built to the max...heads/cam///the works...trannie built for bear...4L65E Stage 5 by Finish Line....custom built driveshaft by Extreme Performance...rear end/axles....blah blah blah....new stall in this week...Yank Race Convertor ( Vig shit the bed)...here is my issue...dayum I cannot quit thinking what this beast would be like with a ProCharger DSC-1....talk me out of it Hurley.
    I say do it and finally run in the 12's.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

What did they legnthen the track a few hundred feet?

the Lucas fuel system treatment is excellant.I use it at every fill up.With the crap they are mixing with the gas today you need something to protect the fuel system.I would be EXTREMELY carefull adding ANY additive in car that is over 4 years old unless you know the condition of the fuel system.A sudden shot of cleaner through a dirty scaley ethanol damaged fuel system will kill it for sure.I'd start out very slow.By the way ALL the ls1 engines have trouble with rust in the fuel rails and lines because gm didn't use quality materials,in fact they use BARE CARBON STEEL! mix that with an oxygen carrying fuel like ETHANOL and you got a mess your eyes won't believe.ASK ME HOW I KNOW.I use 1 oz of lucas per tankful of fuel and havnt seen the trouble return.The 1st time the fuel system failed we had been using 10% ethanol Sunoco prem gas.It only lasted 10k miles before the Ethanol ate through the fuel rail.The trouble with ethanol fuels is they are oxygen carrying,that means they COLLECT water vapor and there is no way to stop this action.SO...every time you fill up you get a shot of water too,let that sitting in the bare carbon steel fuel rail along with ethanol and before you can say jack rabbit slim you have a rusted mess.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I just use Chevron Techron and Seafoam at every oil change.

If Porsche dealers clean customer cars with Techron, then its good enough for my LS1 too

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA View Post
    the Lucas fuel system treatment is excellant.I use it at every fill up.With the crap they are mixing with the gas today you need something to protect the fuel system.I would be EXTREMELY carefull adding ANY additive in car that is over 4 years old unless you know the condition of the fuel system.A sudden shot of cleaner through a dirty scaley ethanol damaged fuel system will kill it for sure.I'd start out very slow.By the way ALL the ls1 engines have trouble with rust in the fuel rails and lines because gm didn't use quality materials,in fact they use BARE CARBON STEEL! mix that with an oxygen carrying fuel like ETHANOL and you got a mess your eyes won't believe.ASK ME HOW I KNOW.I use 1 oz of lucas per tankful of fuel and havnt seen the trouble return.The 1st time the fuel system failed we had been using 10% ethanol Sunoco prem gas.It only lasted 10k miles before the Ethanol ate through the fuel rail.The trouble with ethanol fuels is they are oxygen carrying,that means they COLLECT water vapor and there is no way to stop this action.SO...every time you fill up you get a shot of water too,let that sitting in the bare carbon steel fuel rail along with ethanol and before you can say jack rabbit slim you have a rusted mess.
    So break it in slowly.....only a few ozs for the first few treatments?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Damn Sarge I don't think I can help you out on this one. Give the Procharger $$$ to your daughters and tell them to have some fun with it.....

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

All I have to say is BG 44k Injector cleaner, kills carbon build up like no other and is around 30 dollars a can.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Don't know if any of you have ever heard of B12. They sell it at Autozone. I've been using it for years. I originally began using it as a parts cleaner at my shop about 18 years ago. BUT, the stuff is designed to be added to the crankcase before an oil change, clean parts AND as a fuel system cleaner. This stuff eats the coke (That's carbon deposits/build-up) like there is no tomorrow. If you have a very old engine that has not been maintained - the carbon is what is keeping it from leaking - don't use it. I run a can every other tank, four tanks in a row when I take a long road trip, and it absolutely keeps the system clean. It comes in a spray for cleaning the engine and a liquid for everything else. 1 16oz can per tank. Definitely improves the fuel delivery and costs less than $3.00 per can. I've run this in my '69 Nova (511cid), '80 Z28, '81 Z28 (383cid), my '99 and my '02 SS LE...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SPECOPS94 View Post
    Don't know if any of you have ever heard of B12. They sell it at Autozone. I've been using it for years. I originally began using it as a parts cleaner at my shop about 18 years ago. BUT, the stuff is designed to be added to the crankcase before an oil change, clean parts AND as a fuel system cleaner. This stuff eats the coke (That's carbon deposits/build-up) like there is no tomorrow. If you have a very old engine that has not been maintained - the carbon is what is keeping it from leaking - don't use it. I run a can every other tank, four tanks in a row when I take a long road trip, and it absolutely keeps the system clean. It comes in a spray for cleaning the engine and a liquid for everything else. 1 16oz can per tank. Definitely improves the fuel delivery and costs less than $3.00 per can. I've run this in my '69 Nova (511cid), '80 Z28, '81 Z28 (383cid), my '99 and my '02 SS LE...
    The Chemtool B12 is basically just a cheaper version of Seafoam motor treatment, made by a different company. Its about half the price, and works about half as well also lol. I've tried both, the B12 works, but it doesn't clean the engine out nearly as well as Seafoam does. When you feed the B12 into the engine through the brake booster, it bogs down and stalls quickly. Once you start the motor back up, it hardly makes any smoke either. If you feed the Seafoam through the brake booster at a steady rate, the motor will load up but it usually won't stall. It will make tons of blueish/white/gray smoke out the exhaust, since its cleaning the whole engine out.

Give Seafoam a try, I think you will like it better

Thread Information