White and black
    2001 SS Artic white

running wierd after a window fix install

I installed the passanger window fix from http://www.autotrix.net and there where some minor complecations (me wiring it backwords) but now when i drove it home it is shifting wierd I floor it and it reves high and it don't shift down...

i feel like i messed something up can anyone help?
    Last edited by Orrin's Z; 05-09-2007 at 11:48 AM. Reason: wrong address

Red
    2002 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin's Z View Post
    I installed the passanger window fix from http://www.autotrix.com and there where some minor complecations (me wiring it backwords) but now when i drove it home it is shifting wierd I floor it and it reves high and it don't shift down...

i feel like i messed something us can anyone help?
    It may just be a coincidence. I looked at the wiring diagram for the power window system and there is nothing there that would lead me to believe you messed up something else, unless you popped some other fuse during your repair. Please be more specific on what you did when you 'wired it wrong' and check ALL of your fuses before reporting back.

White and black
    2001 SS Artic white

when i first wired it up i wired the switch and the motor backwards so when i tryed to use the switch it grounded out the car and everything reset, when i was talking to a friend i relised my mistake and reversed the wiring and the window worked just fine,

I am worried that i messed up the PCB or somthing like that, when i moved it asside to get threw the firewall.

Red
    2002 T/A

Whoa, I just now took a peek at the link you posted earlier!! Now I can see where there might be problems from your repair. I thought you just put in a new motor. First, did you use a drill or something similar (sharp) to make a new hole or make an existing hole larger? I've never done this mod. I'm sorry if some of my questions seem unnecessary. Second, did you check ALL of the fuses? Including the ones under the steering wheel and under the hood? It sounds like you blew a fuse and your tranny/engine is in 'limp-home' mode. This would be the best case scenario. Two worst case scenarios that come to mind would be;
    A. You nicked a wire's insulation and it is grounding out or you cut a wire to the PCM.
    B. Your miswiring fried a driver on the PCM or the whole PCM itself is fried. This would usually (but not always) turn on your 'check engine' light.
    Seriously though check ALL of your fuses first. Even if they don't seem like they're related to your engine/tranny check them. If you don't know how to test your fuses find someone who can. Post back.

also if everything reset the pcm needs to relearn, may take a day or two. I wouldn't sweat it yet. Give it a 100 or so miles.

White and black
    2001 SS Artic white

I will double check all the fuses today,

there is no check engine light on at this time, and i will pull the PCM back out and check the wireing.

I was wondering if that was the case Danger, i left the battery off for like 3 hours.

as a update it was still running like ass this morning but it was a cold morning.

Thread Information