blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

right blinker clicking fast but not working?

today i went to make a right turn and my turning signal started clicking really fast, not the normal click.....click, the left blinker works fine its just when i turn on the right blinker it does this, i checked all the bulbs and there ok, they even flash/blink right when i turn the hazards on, so i dont know wat the.....?????? any ideas would be great, thanks

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

every time one of my gm cars experienced this a bulb was out . did you check both turn and brake lights in the back. the rear are dual filament

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

yeah i checked all of them, they are all fine, thats wat has me stumped...............

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

If your sure all your bulbs are good, sounds like the flasher is out. Its a small electric solenoid thing under the dash. There are two: one for hazards, and one for the blinkers. Change the one for the blinker and you should be good. Its like a $5 piece from autozone.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

the flasher soleniod flashes for the left blinker so the guy at autozone told me that if the flasher was out both sides wouldnt flash..... i noticed there are two lights in each of the front blinkers, wat is wierd is that the left front blinker has a bulb burned out but that side flashes fine, the right side is the side with the problem and both its lights appear to b good, so idk?????

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

hmmm not sure, I did have one on a firebird where the right would work just fine but the left would work sometimes, but not others....would go solid but not blink....replaced the flasher and it fixed the problem. Like I said its worth $5 to try once you've replaced all the bulbs

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

ok so i replaced the flasher soleniod and now ALL the outside lights on the car flash(except headlights) when i turn on the right blinker,not just the ones on the right, the lights on the rightside are a little brighter than the rest but they all blink the right, left and its wierd cuz even the sidemarkers blink. wtf!!!!!!!!!!! i really need help guys i gotta pass a brake and light inspection and as of now im f..ked!!! the only thing that looks unusual is there are a white and black wire hanging down from the right front blinker housing, you can see it when looking from underneath after you take off the access panel but i think they've been hanging since i got the car and the blinkers worked fine then....... HELP PLEASE

oh yeah i forgot that when i turn on the headlights the left blinker works fine like it always does but on the right the blinker light turns on and stays on like it would if a light was out.....?????
    Last edited by ggino85; 08-17-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Silver
    2000 TA LS1 A4w/ShiftKit

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    ok so i replaced the flasher soleniod and now ALL the outside lights on the car flash(except headlights) when i turn on the right blinker,not just the ones on the right, the lights on the rightside are a little brighter than the rest but they all blink the right, left and its wierd cuz even the sidemarkers blink. wtf!!!!!!!!!!! i really need help guys i gotta pass a brake and light inspection and as of now im f..ked!!! the only thing that looks unusual is there are a white and black wire hanging down from the right front blinker housing, you can see it when looking from underneath after you take off the access panel but i think they've been hanging since i got the car and the blinkers worked fine then....... HELP PLEASE

oh yeah i forgot that when i turn on the headlights the left blinker works fine like it always does but on the right the blinker light turns on and stays on like it would if a light was out.....?????

I am having pretty much the same problem. I am going to keep my eye on this thread. Hopefully I can pick something up. I have been scratchn my head and its drivn me nuts.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Could be a short in one of the wires, bad bulbs, bad flashers, or it could even be the bcm (body controll modual)

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    Could be a short in one of the wires, bad bulbs, bad flashers, or it could even be the bcm (body controll modual)
    i changed both the flashers(hazard and blinker), all the bulbs, where is the bcm? how can i tell if its faulty? thanks for the help

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

you might want to take it some where to have it done in our cars as in most I believe it is behind the dash as for seeing if it where bad would consist of checking all the body functions of the car windows, lights, whipers, all that stuff if more than just the signal is bad then you have your culprit but if it is just the signal you should check the switch

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

yea i was kinda thinking this could be electrical and thats outta my league so i just dropped the car off at a shop so we'll see wat they say, i'll post up i soon as i here from them. thanks for all the ideas and help guys i appreciate it.

Thread Information