Silver
    98 WS6

restricted power

I've been noticing that my car when its usually still cold has a problem with acceleration. It's like there is something clogging the engine and in a split second it opens up and my car takes off. This happens in 1st or 2nd gear usually. It'll do this maybe a couple times when I first start driving. What is the explanation for this?

my first thought from your explanation is that it could be lagging due to a misfire or maybe its for some reason running rich. if i remember correctly from other posts, you just bought that car. Have you checked the history of it?

Silver
    98 WS6

like what history? everything i have checked out has been good. everything has been really clean and well maintained. i just drove it for 3000 miles this past week from where i found it to my home and this is the only thing that has come up with the car. i figure a 3000mile test drive would pretty much reveal any and all problems the car has.

it just seems strange becuase ill give it a lot of gas and having nothing for a few seconds but all of a sudden i can feel the car open up and it'll really take off while doing nothing but holding down the gas. I also said it only happens in the first few launches after its been cold for a while. seems to me like your suggestions would continue to occur after the car warmed up??

white
    2001 transam

Check to see if your maf has been descreened. A couple of yours ago this seemed to be a good mod and I did it. I had the exact symptoms you describe in cold weather after descreening mine. Within the same year after descreening my maf I replaced it with a new one and instantly problem went away. Approximately $150.00 mod mistake.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup^^^^ in closed loop you just described a MAF issue....or more accuretly a tuning table issue...

Silver
    98 WS6

So what are you saying Sarge? I'll go and check the MAF as soon as possible. I know the guy before me did some Mods. If it's not descreened should I still be replacing it? or whats that about a tuning table issue?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Yup^^^^ in closed loop you just described a MAF issue....or more accuretly a tuning table issue...
    Agree totally.

This only happens when its cold??? if so then...... let it warm up. When an engine is real cold the rings are not at the right temp, letting vaulable combustion past cause their not sealing the CC.

Silver
    98 WS6

well im going to start a new emergency post becuase today is my first day in northern california and its been raining. Now the issue is starting before I even turn the car on. I turn the ignition and i get nothing but all the lights come on and as well as the "check gauges" light. I just got done sitting in my car for 5minutes trying to get it to start then it randomly went. maybe just a new starter problem? im thinking ignition wire is loose or something becuase it did eventually start just fine.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate
    well im going to start a new emergency post becuase today is my first day in northern california and its been raining. Now the issue is starting before I even turn the car on. I turn the ignition and i get nothing but all the lights come on and as well as the "check gauges" light. I just got done sitting in my car for 5minutes trying to get it to start then it randomly went. maybe just a new starter problem? im thinking ignition wire is loose or something becuase it did eventually start just fine.
    Where in nor cal are you from?

Silver
    98 WS6

i'm from san jose. My aunt and uncle live in citrus heights near sacramento though.

also saw a post earlier about your guitar... Wandering if you suggest it for others and where to get it? i'm looking into learning how to play if I don't put all my money in my car.
    Last edited by degenerate; 12-23-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Thread Information