Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

removing turnsignal housing

ok, this is probably the dumbest thing ive ever asked, but ive got new black housing turnsignal housings and I cannot for the life of me get the old yellow ones out. Do they come out through the front of the bumper or do you pull them through the bay area. They keep hitting everything and I cant remove them.

And yes I did remove the three screws holding them in place. The two on the back and the hidden one on the bottom. I can completely push them out of their slot upwards but Cant get them out.....

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone View Post
    ok, this is probably the dumbest thing ive ever asked, but ive got new black housing turnsignal housings and I cannot for the life of me get the old yellow ones out. Do they come out through the front of the bumper or do you pull them through the bay area. They keep hitting everything and I cant remove them.

And yes I did remove the three screws holding them in place. The two on the back and the hidden one on the bottom. I can completely push them out of their slot upwards but Cant get them out.....
    OK...you got the headlite out I assume...if so, you just gotta wiggle and twist the sucker around until it's out...it's kind of a pain. Real tite fit in there. They come out through the bay area.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Wait, your supposed to remove the headlights to get the turnsignals out?...hmm

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone View Post
    Wait, your supposed to remove the headlights to get the turnsignals out?...hmm
    Yep, I'd never have gotten my marker's signals out without moving the headlight on my 00 SS...it's easy once the headlite's out of the way...

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Alright makes sense.
    thanks alot!!

The Mudkat

white
    2000 SS Convertible

No Problem! I'm installin the front Koni's on my ride today...time for the famous "widow-maker" dance. Hey, I got my 5 posts!!!! Now I can put up pics of my ride!

Have a good one!

Mudkat

red
    2001 Trans Am WS6

well, ive got a TA, im sure not how diff. they are in that small area..but i just did mine, and got it to come out of the panels right infront of the front tires..u just gota unscrew, and wiggle it through all that crap, and it will kind of fall down, then take out those 2 bigger screw on the bottom panel, and get her out. if you want, take out your side yellow lights on the front quarter panel, and look inside. ha, to get my driver side light out, i uh..got mad and smahsed the old light when a screw driver, then it came out EASY
    take it easy

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Got em off and the new clears in (a few days ago) and DAMN what a difference. It makes the whole car look more evil than before!

Thread Information