QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Removing evap crap

Is there a way to remove all this evap without fucking up my car? I had to loosen the schrader valve under that green cap on the evap/fuel line to get gas into my car again today.

black
    2002 WS6

The short answer is no. The long answer might be to find out why the tank is holding pressure. Chances are the solinoid is stuck.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Replace that solenoid/cap.. something is causing excess pressure in the tank.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The short answer is no. The long answer might be to find out why the tank is holding pressure. Chances are the solinoid is stuck.
    Where is the solenoid at to replace??

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Replace that solenoid/cap.. something is causing excess pressure in the tank.
    How do I go about replacing those? Is it as simple as replacing that cap??

black
    2002 WS6

The cap would be a start and is pretty simple to replace, The hardest part is getting the old one off.

The solinoid is located on the driverside of the intake. Pretty easy to replace by the looks of it. remove a couple of hoses and she comes right out.

Quick question, when you fill the car do you fill it to the very top or stop when the nozzle clicks off? After you put in the right amount fuel that is.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

The cap would be a start and is pretty simple to replace, The hardest part is getting the old one off.

The solinoid is located on the driverside of the intake. Pretty easy to replace by the looks of it. remove a couple of hoses and she comes right out.

Quick question, when you fill the car do you fill it to the very top or stop when the nozzle clicks off? After you put in the right amount fuel that is.
    I usually dont overfil, but try to round up to an even number. It normally does it when I run it under a quarter of a tank. I took the gas cap off and saw the fuel ready to spill out. Loosened the schrader under the green cap and while it was hissing I went back and looked into the fill nozzle, and saw the gas go down. Went around the corner (literally) to the station and had to do it again. I'll replace what I need to instead of gutting the system, if i just knew how.

black
    2002 WS6

Take a look under the hood, It can't be that hard to do. There will be a line coming off the drivers side of the intake, follow that back along to the solenoid located on the intake, there will be two more lines meeting there one for the tank and one for purge canister.

You may need a special too to disconnect the lines. You can get those at any parts store.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Take a look under the hood, It can't be that hard to do. There will be a line coming off the drivers side of the intake, follow that back along to the solenoid located on the intake, there will be two more lines meeting there one for the tank and one for purge canister.

You may need a special too to disconnect the lines. You can get those at any parts store.
    Thanks for the heads up. Do I need to replace the whole line if the green cap/schrader is bad also?

black
    2002 WS6

Nope. I doubt that would be bad. With out proper diagnosis I don't have much idea. but knowing GM you would have to get the whole piece for the schrader valve.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Nope. I doubt that would be bad. With out proper diagnosis I don't have much idea. but knowing GM you would have to get the whole piece for the schrader valve.
    I found the evap purge solenoid at autozone for $38. Guess I'll order one and replace it this weekend and see what happens.

Ticket Red
    M6 1998 Z-28

Tool needed

Does this really need a special tool to remove the hoses? im replacing the Canister purge solenoid, and i think i messed up the connector because i didnt know it needed a special tool. do you have a part number or picture of the tool?

Thanks

Thread Information