Thread: Recharge A/C

99 Camaro SS

Recharge A/C

hey guys i have a 99 camaro Ls1 i cannot for the life of me find where to hook the a/c recharge kit theres just so much stuff under the hood could anyone help me out and maybe even a picture i cant find anything online and dont know where i have to hook the recharge kit at because i dont even know where the a/c unit is at thanks in advance

Never bought one of those recharge kits - but thinking it'll only let you connect to the "low" side of the system for safety reasons. OK, just looked at mine and the fittings are different. The one coming off the condenser, nearest the radiator is the high side, low side looks like the silver canister - both fittings are on the passenger side and you have to unscrew the black caps. Hope this helps...

Pewter
    99 Firehawk convertable

a/c

the low side has a smaller nipple,the recharge kit should only fit the small port at least the ones from auto zone work that way

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

the low side attachment is on the accumulator (silver canister thingy). you'll see a black cap on it right where the EGR is at. you have to use R134a connectors.

http://www.stealthram.com/familypics...sengerside.jpg
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

If you have to add refrigerant you must have a leak. Make sure you add 134 with the color dye so you can find the leak later. or buy some with leak sealer.

seabring silver
    2002 Camaro

IMO if you don't know what your looking at take it to a shop and have it done right. It will not cool good if you put in to much or to little. To much will put extra strain on the compressor and can cause extream presure spikes that could blow an A/C line.

White
    1998 TA Convertible

Cool

I concur. Take it to a shop if you have no experience with a/c. I have had people bring me cars with majorly overcharged systems, blockages and major leakages which they have spent countless hours with and had no success because they do not understand the a/c system operation.

If you insist though, first start the car and turn the a/c on max and fan on high. Look/listen to see if the compressor is cycling on. If it is not, you have a major leak or other problem and should stop there. If it is, proceed to connect your can of charge to the low side fitting as described in the above posts. Slowly add the freon in the up/gas position until the large line ging into the accululator (where you connected the charge line) feels like an ice cold can of your favorite beverage. This is as close as you can get without proper gauges and equipment.

99 Camaro SS

Thanx mrr23 the pic helped alot i found out that my ac has been removed and thanx to everone else for there help aswell

Thread Information