Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Rear O2 Sensor Deletes..codes and sensors..help

So I am in california,,the worst state of all for keepigna car smog legal and not getting raped at the same time.

My car has cats,,,the cats do there job great and pass smog limits,,but because I have a lazy post cat o2 sensor,,it triggers an code and this alone causes them to fail me at a smog station,,its wacked but then again its california,,,

SO i shall be getting my post cat o2 codes deleted,,(every possible post cat O2 code will get deleted).

WHAT IS THE THREAD SIZE OF THE O2 SENSOR,,,I WISH TO REMOVE THE POST CAT O2 SENSORS AND INSTALL PLUGS? But I am clueless as to what size bolt/plug to stick into them,,,Help

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

lol leave them and delete them in programming. I don't know about Cali emmisions checks but if the sniffer says it's ok and you pass the visual inspection what else do they do? I would leave the rears in the pipe and just delete them from programming if you can get away with that.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    lol leave them and delete them in programming. I don't know about Cali emmisions checks but if the sniffer says it's ok and you pass the visual inspection what else do they do? I would leave the rears in the pipe and just delete them from programming if you can get away with that.
    This.

Ray Charles blue

I need to do this. Left bank is throwing a code now and again. Thanks to a fellow member I confirmed this......lol

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

thread is 18mm x 1.5. Lots of online retailers (like Summitracing) sells plugs

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

So I took my baby to the california smog test station,,,
    I new it would fail since I had a P0420, P0430 code active...I thought I would get it tested to see if my cats were doing there job or not-(mostly since I bent a few valves and a push rod and drove the car 20 miles or so after my F-up( but its fixed of that issue now,,

So I passed the smog test sniffer test only and missed the upper limit of NOx PPM..i got a 418 and pass range is 57-419. So the cats or cat are misbehaving-this I know know to be true,,...

So my plan is as follows just to get it to pass California Smog rape Laws,,,
    I will install after market cat system, (most likely random technology cats and y-pipe combo (600 bucks)) then this should allow my car to pass the sniffer test with a better lead way and also get rid of the P0420, P0430 codes too. If it dont get rid of the codes then its to my local tuner,,where I will get all post cat O2 codes deleted, then it will pass,,,(then its Phuck-California Sog laws times..Stra8 pipes, X-pipe, Tru Duals.,,and a tune shall be done)

I may even after this install those flame thrower shooter systems in my exhaust,,just for the fun of it,,,in case I am tail gate partying and need to toast some hot dogs,,,ha ha

Thread Information