Radio & Power Windows Randomly Don't Work

I'm new here and hoping someone may have input on what might be going on with my 2002 Pontiac TA WS6 that I bought new and it has 70,000 miles.

I recently had the power steering replaced along with hoses and then a week later the water pump replaced. After this work was done the radio randomly goes off and back on (usually for only about a minute) and the power windows don't work for that time. Sometimes when starting the car the radio doesn't come on for a minute or two. The other day it made a grinding noise under hood and radio was off when starting it up then it came on a short time later. The car wasn't driven for the week in between having the power steering and water pump replaced. The mechanic said he'd look it up online to see what might be the problem but hasn't gotten back to me.

If anyone knows what might cause this problem, I'd appreciate any input since the mechanic is acting as if it wasn't something they did which I find hard to believe since it never did this before. Thanks in advance!

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

I am also interested in this reply.
    I'm having the same issue with the (purchased new) 98 WS6. 77,000 miles.
    Changed both headlight motors today to get rid of the grinding noise but this issue has been around for a while before today.

Thanks.
    This T/A WS6 is Factory modified by ASC at the Lachine facility on March 13, 1998 and is identified to be
    ASC build #206.
    We took delivery from Pontiac dealer April 7th, 1998.
    ASC Factory letter provided from them.

Love of money is the root of all evil.
    Send $19.95 for more information.

Changed both headlight motors today to get rid of the grinding noise but this issue has been around for a while before today.

Last edited by mydanielcreg; 11-27-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2002 View Post
    I'm new here and hoping someone may have input on what might be going on with my 2002 Pontiac TA WS6 that I bought new and it has 70,000 miles.

I recently had the power steering replaced along with hoses and then a week later the water pump replaced. After this work was done the radio randomly goes off and back on (usually for only about a minute) and the power windows don't work for that time. Sometimes when starting the car the radio doesn't come on for a minute or two. The other day it made a grinding noise under hood and radio was off when starting it up then it came on a short time later. The car wasn't driven for the week in between having the power steering and water pump replaced. The mechanic said he'd look it up online to see what might be the problem but hasn't gotten back to me.

If anyone knows what might cause this problem, I'd appreciate any input since the mechanic is acting as if it wasn't something they did which I find hard to believe since it never did this before. Thanks in advance!

To be honest, I doubt that his work on the power steering or the water pump brought on this issue, it sounds unrelated to me; as those components are close enough for accidental contact. Sometimes, 20 year old cars have problems, when they have them.

A few questions:

1) Are there any additional wires coming off of the battery cables?

2) Is it the original type radio?

My first inclination is that part of the wiring harness is loose, or is having a light short.

I don’t believe the BCM controls the radio, so I don’t think the computer is going bad, either.

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

body control module there was a fix on this site

Read this discussion. May be this can help you here https://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/radio-power-windows-uk49s results-randomly-dont-work-189493/. If yes then please mentioned me here.

farji

Slightly confused. Could this just be the local construction and i'm just picking up his walkie talkie sounds cause my computer's recieving that connection

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8WS6 View Post
    I am also interested in this reply.
    I'm having the same issue with the (purchased new) 98 WS6. 77,000 miles.

Thanks.
    My friend is looking at this WS6 and the owner is describing this grinding noise around the front end. It's neat overall with new brake pads and toyo tires. Have you figured out the source?

farji

i'm just picking up his walkie talkie sounds cause my computer's recieving that connection

routerlogin

watch IPL

blue
    2020 Honda

Inspect the wiring connections related to the radio and power windows. Loose or corroded connections can cause intermittent failures. Ensure that all connections are secure and free from corrosion.

blue
    2020 Honda

I'm having the same issue . Candy Crush
    Last edited by salmawisoky; 09-07-2023 at 01:35 AM.

Thread Information