NBM
    1998Z28

Question Question about a setup in GMHTP

I was reading the latest road racing issue of GMHTP and there was an article about upgrading a F-Body suspention. The pictures weren't that great in the article. But basically they looked like they just provided additional holes for their adjustable A-Arms and Torque Arms so you could change the angle of the Arms as well as the lenght. But when they were replacing the Panhard rod with the Adjustable one I noticed that they weren't even using the upper panhard rod. Is this better for a drag racing suspention setup? I've been told by several people that if you take off the front swaybar you get better weight transfer on takeoff, but I've never seen a setup with the upper Panhard bar removed.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    I was reading the latest road racing issue of GMHTP and there was an article about upgrading a F-Body suspention. The pictures weren't that great in the article. But basically they looked like they just provided additional holes for their adjustable A-Arms and Torque Arms so you could change the angle of the Arms as well as the lenght. But when they were replacing the Panhard rod with the Adjustable one I noticed that they weren't even using the upper panhard rod. Is this better for a drag racing suspention setup? I've been told by several people that if you take off the front swaybar you get better weight transfer on takeoff, but I've never seen a setup with the upper Panhard bar removed.
    Removing the upper panhard is a bad idea and offers no advantage in drag racing.

Thread Information