Gray
    2012 Camaro 2SS Convertib

Question Pretty Inexperienced with cars, please help!

Hey everyone; my friend told me to come here for better help regarding my recent purchase.

I just bought a 2012 Camaro (2SS). I bought it out of sate (currently I live in Plattsmouth, NE) so my questions I can ask to the dealer regarding previous upgrades and mods are limited. I do know that a K&N intake was put in, along with new exhaust headers (not sure which headers they are...). I've always been interested in muscle cars but have never had the time or money to invest. I just recently separated from the Military and am very excited about my new car! It sounds and runs great but I want it to run even better.

Here are some of my questions:

1) Is the K&N intake sufficient?
    2) How do I tell which exhaust headers are currently on it and should I upgrade?
    3) Chips/Tunes? What is a good chip to use and ... well really I dont know much on the subject at all.

Even if you provide information outside of the questions I asked, I'd be very greatful! Thanks in advance, for all of your responses and help!

Mike Wooldridge

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Pretty Inexperienced with cars, please help!

As for the headers, there should be a stamp on one of the header tubes under the hood. Most header manufacturers will stamp a plate with the company logo on one tube.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Most here will advise going to a reputable tuner and skip the chip idea as a tuner can alter multiple settings for more power. The intake should be quite fine. Some here will suggest cleaning your air filter once a year depending on if the car is a daily driver and if you live near or drive through construction zones which cause a lot of dust.

Thread Information