Thread: Pcv ???

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Pcv ???

hey guys, well I just got done removing all of the Emissions stuff out of my car... since around here... they don't really look at it closely... and as I was taking off the AirPump I saw that the PCV Rubber line had been broken for what seems months... so rather then go and get a new line... me and my friend decided...to just remove the whole PCV and put the little Filters on the heads... and a plug on the manifold...

so my question is... will this hurt the car?, just removing it and putting the little filters, I mean... I see the oil smell/smoke coming from the filters... but we ran it with HP Tunners, and it all seems fine...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    hey guys, well I just got done removing all of the Emissions stuff out of my car... since around here... they don't really look at it closely... and as I was taking off the AirPump I saw that the PCV Rubber line had been broken for what seems months... so rather then go and get a new line... me and my friend decided...to just remove the whole PCV and put the little Filters on the heads... and a plug on the manifold...

so my question is... will this hurt the car?, just removing it and putting the little filters, I mean... I see the oil smell/smoke coming from the filters... but we ran it with HP Tunners, and it all seems fine...
    Might want to get an Oil CAtch can and hook it up to your valley cover and your intake to get the oil mist out of your crank case.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i second the catch can

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

but, what's the diffrence?... I mean, I have to little filters on it, and it can breath through there...

isn't that enough?

black
    2002 WS6

yes thats enough, The reason for the PCV syste is to take those vapours and send them back into the engine to be burnt as opposed to being released into the atmosphere, The down side of removing it is that the vapour will collect in the engine bay and collect more grime.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

darn... oh well, I guess... I'll have to clean the engine bay more then once a year from now one... LOL

Thread Information