Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

p1336 code - crank relearn condition

Have had a code on the z28 all summer and it wont go away. It says...

Crank sensor system variation not learned. Engine running then ecm did not detect any crank sensor variation values. Perform a crankshaft sensor variation relearn, system will relearn from normal driving.

So...i mean its been on for months now and it hasnt gone off so i assume that the ecm hasnt relearned. It doesnt seem to have affected the driveability of the car so far. It came on once about this time last year and went off and then it was on when i took it out of storage this spring and has been on ever since.

Anyone run into this before and how did you solve it? Any insights?
    1999 Z/28

M6 w/ Hurst shifter and SLP skip shift eliminator, drilled rotors, Y3F package, SLP lid w/ K&N filter, VFN fiberglass 2" cowl hood, TSP 1 3/4" headers & ORY

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Did you change the program or put a tune on the car before the code came into play ?
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Yess...last summer i had the car tuned for my long tubes. But there was no light on for a couple of months after it got tuned. Then it came on and went off once for about a day and then it was off for the rest of last summer. Put it in storage and took the battery out...put it back in this spring and fired it up and bingot...ses light .

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

Thumbs up

You need to do the relearn procedure using a TECH II device, or I am told EFI Live.

Until this is done, you are running in "limp mode" which you should see a decrease both in performance and gas milage.

The cam sensor or the reluctor ring could have gone south, or just out of sink with the crank sensor.

SteveC

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

thanks. i'll get a hold of my guy and see when he can plug it in.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

gotta love knowin guys who have the right tools. stopped by his place tonite and he hooked up...about 2 minutes later he was done and the light was off. so far so good...and the car runs soooo much better now. i used to be able to sit at a stoplight and i could feel it misfiring slightly although it never came up with a misfire code.

now...just have to get the bumper repainted and figure out why my cruise control doesn't work...

Thread Information