Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Opinion on these LS6 Intakes

I'm looking at these 2 intakes, asking for opinions? Both are in my price range

*Sorry for the sizing and quality of pics, this is what was emailed to me*

This one he is asking for $325 for just the intake, it's new, hasn't been installed. If I want I can get the anodized fuel rails and 30lb injectors for an additional $275

This one is asking for $375 with 42lb injectors. (why so high don't know, he's not running turbos, maybe N2O?!?)

I also have 3 more questions:

1) With bigger injectors would I need a better fuel pump? (I'm not planning on going to turbos or super charger for a long while if ever. So If I did get the 42lb injectors I'd probably try to sell them.)

2) Can you paint the intake? (It's a composite plastic right?) If so what type of paint would you use? (I would want to try to match the NBM color)

3) What else would I need to install a LS6 intake? New gasket?? anything else...

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I would go with either one.
    The 30 lb injectors are not worth the money imho

The 42s is what I run and yes they are a little big but with a tune they are fine. Plus if I do upgrade even further I will be fine.

About the painting yes its plastic paint away. I did my ls6 intake with spray paint from home depot that was very close to nbm.

What other mods do you have? If you are not over 400 hp you have nothing to worry about with the fuel pump

I think I covered everything.

Black
    00 WS6

I think it depends on your budget.....If you don't plan on major mods then you don't need bigger injectors. Use the money for parts you need now. I have a 6.0 motor, stock 317 heads, kooks LTs, a torquer 2 cam and all bolt-ons...I still have stock injectors.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My sig has my current mods. In regards to future engine plans I want to go with a LS6 crate, not sure on heads and a cam. But those are well into next yr maybe 18 more months away.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information