1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

which one should l buy?

here are my questions..

first car, l talked the guy on the phone today and he says the car is his father's and in mint condition and his father got new charger, easy to get in-out and this car is in the middle and sell the car.. l offered 12.500 and he said it is ok for him but that is as low as he could go. l checked the carfax, it is one owner and no accident record and last serviced at 46k miles.they replaced the flywheel, clutch, rear end and rear shocks right on 46k miles. and this guy says that he got the service papers. the car has 51.100 miles 6 speed.

PHOTOS:

the second car:
    l have been talking to this guy, he is the original owner and the car now has 40.200 miles on and 12.750 deal. the car is 100% stock, regular trans am.

PHOTOS:

if you were me, which one would you buy? l love black and its WS6. but 10k more miles. the red one is ok, but if l get it, l will purchase ram air hood and paint it which is like 1 grand.

so let me know what do you think please.

thanks
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 06-28-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Awaiting Activation
    i would go with the WS6. I think it looks sweet as hell!! Yeah its 10k more miles but 50k is still nothing on an LS1. And in the pics the red T/A has a filthy engine compartment. The owner couldn't take 5 minutes to clean that up before selling it? Seems like the WS6 may have been taken better care of. IMO

98 Formula
    06 duramax

No way I'd buy the red one. That engine is filthy and anyone that lets an engine get that dirty probably doesn't do maintenance either. I'd want to look inside the engine bay of the black one too. From the parts replaced at 46k sounds like that car might've seen a few hard launches which is really no big deal but I'd look it over real good.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'd say go for the red one. The interior looks stained on the black one also. I'd really check out the back of the black one because of parts that were replaced and the exhaust doesn't look like the factory stuff. They may have just jammed some bad tips on all crooked and make sure you check the door sticker to make sure it's really a WS6. I'd be worried if it was rear ended and fixed. Which is ok if it was fixed right, but I wouldn't pay full price if was. Not all acidents are reported on car fax either.

Awaiting Activation BlackBeastLS1's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Id buy the red one its got lower miles and plus the blacks interior is messed up and it seems like its been drove hard for those parts haven to been replaced already.

well, l love the black color.. ALSO it has got WS6 package. but not stock, it has exhaust, air fileter, 1-4th shift eliminator and clutch, flywheel, rear end and shocks replaced..this makes me nervous.. l believe they drove the car hard. the red one is just regular and l will have to buy a ws6 hood and paint it.. which is over 1k.. damn!! l dont know which one should l go with?

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

WS6...it's worth more and it's black!!!!! The TA ain't worth anything close imo.

Crinkle, Crinkle

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

The new rear end, clutch and shocks is something you won't have to replace for awhile. If it's a real WS6, it's worth a little more. If the interior can be cleaned with shampoo to get those marks out, and the engine doesn't make any scary noises, and it drives straight and quiet on the suspension, I'd get the black one. Just listen real carefully for gear noises out of that rear end, and rattles out of the suspension. If it's quiet and firm, I wouldn't think twice about it. Professionally installed replacements are better brand new than worn out originals anyway.

yeah but this guy is in kentucky.. l dont have chance to check and drive the car.. if l go down there, l will get the car.. l dont wanna go down there and hear some noises and come back.. the red ones owner sent more pics to me.. the car looks very very clean and sharp..

Silver
    2000 TA

dont buy it without driving it first

u owe it to yourself, if u go to KY and dont like the car dont buy it!

black
    2002 trans am ws6

i wouldn't buy either one. it looks like you like the black one, i would look on ebay and wait for the right one.get one you love..... not like . If you buy the red one you will wish you had a real ws6 not a fake one. the black one looks ragged out look for a better one .

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

You need to drive the car...If the WS6 is tite, it's a decent deal and the better value. If you can't get to KY to look at it, then don't buy it. I bought one car sight unseen (cept for pics, history and carfax), but it only had 38k on the ticker and was an 01 SS. You gotta be careful with a higher mileage car.

Quote Originally Posted by heliskiier View Post
    You need to drive the car...If the WS6 is tite, it's a decent deal and the better value. If you can't get to KY to look at it, then don't buy it. I bought one car sight unseen (cept for pics, history and carfax), but it only had 38k on the ticker and was an 01 SS. You gotta be careful with a higher mileage car.

l decided to get red one, 44 year old mature 1 owner. never wrected and never modified and never broken down and 10k less miles than ws6. the red one has 40k miles.. it is low l believe..

l will get that car as soon as possible..

thanks for the advices please..

Silver
    2002 Z28

Would definately go for the WS6

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by doodad. View Post
    l decided to get red one, 44 year old mature 1 owner. never wrected and never modified and never broken down and 10k less miles than ws6. the red one has 40k miles.. it is low l believe..

l will get that car as soon as possible..

thanks for the advices please..
    Good choice! You won't go crazy trying to keep the black clean!

Black
    99 SS

DUDE NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! i talked to the guy with the WS6 about a month ago before this car hit the market, he was selling an 01 SS for 12k also. the man does have some deals!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

BLACK WS6 ----no question about it. If you get the other one you will kick yourself soon as you buy it.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Thread Information