Hey all, I've got two builds going on currently, a 69 Cutlass and a 68 Impala. The Cutlass is definitely getting a LS motor and is going to be a rather spendy build with everything I plan to do to it. The Impala is going to be more of a nice cruiser for me and the wife on Sunday afternoons. It doesn't need a ton of power and I'm essentially trying to find the best bang for my buck, power to $$$ wise. I bought a brand new truck last year and now I have a 1999 Silverado with a 4.8 LS truck motor paired to a NV3500 5 speed just sitting around. Not a very stout transmission, but the drive train moves my truck pretty good and so I figure it would be satisfactory. And you cant beat the price.

The issue I see is that the NV3500 is 4x4 trans. Is there a way for me to remove the transfer case and run it as a RWD trans or am I better off abandoning this idea altogether. Done some research but most of what I'm finding is unrelated to what I'm trying to figure out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.