Blue
    98 camaro z28 6 speed

not much clutch when cars cold

so i was wondering if anyone had had this problem before, have a 98z m6, had recently put a new throwout on because broke the line to the last one taking the tranny out lol, but bleed it many times manually and machine bled at the shop, my problem is when cars cold or been sitting for a while the clutch doesnt seem to fully disengage and very hard to put it into gear and almost impossible to get reverse, but once the car warms up and been driving for a good 20 mins everything seems fine all the gears goe in nice and dont have play with the pedal before i feel pressure on it, not sure if its the throwout bearing/slave or wat, i was gunna try the drill method but its a pain to get the dam line out of the slave, next thing i think im gunna do is blead the clutch when cars cold maybe air is getting somewhere when car sits? not sure let me know on ur thoughts, thank you

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I would assume air is still in the line, but not sure what else it could be besides that or a bad master/slave.

Blue
    98 camaro z28 6 speed

I even tryed sucking out of the top today and still nothing, it is an aftermarket slave not gm not sure if thats my problem, even drilled the restrictor out alittle and still not disengaging all the way and clutch grabs right from the floor

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

i had a similar issue turned out to be the seal on the new slave(800mi) i had was leaking just a hair i just ordered a gm slave for a 2001-02...that one is the "upgrade" from 98-00.. 2k mi later still great no probs i got my slave from ws6store i believe

Blue
    98 camaro z28 6 speed

ya i was thinkin it was the after market slave, now that im reading more into it the spec clutches sometimes need shims behind the slave to make up the diffrence when using a turned flywheel, but i dont see any leaks from my slave now, the clutch is new so hoping after breakin in the clearance will be less and disengage more, so my next steps are i guess pulling the tranny and measure for a shim, just weird how the clutch is mint when cars warmed up, thanks for the reply

Blue
    98 camaro z28 6 speed

So the New slave i have in there now is a dorman slave, anyone had any problems with them? Maybe not stronge enough for the spec clutch? Its a stage 1

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

OE master cylinder is junk.

Blue
    98 camaro z28 6 speed

wel i ordered the upgraded gm slave because that was in there before i pulled the motor and worked fine, so im gunna try that first to see if that fiixes it, then i guess the next step will be the master, like i said when car warms up clutch ius good, shifts nice, engages right in the middle, if i bleed it its good again, almost as if air is getting in, not sure where its getting in, but hopen its a bad slave, and this time ill change the o-ring

Thread Information