Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Noise from rear I think

I have a moaning/groaning kind of noise that comes from the rear I belive, or it sure sounds like thats where its coming from. It only does it when I make kinda wide turn or pull into a parking spot. I have plenty of power steering fluid. Does anyone have any ideas, I would really appreciate some help.
    Thanks

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Rear and tight turns, could be a suspension component that's loose or a bad bushing. It's hard to say. If you hear noise from the front, I would have to say power steering. I'd say rock the rear of your car and listen to anything loose. If you do, then have a freind rock it, while it is on the ground and listen to try to pinpoint the source of the noise. If worse comes to worse, it could be your limited slip going bad. Check your rear end fluid. There is a filler plug that can be removed with a 3/4" ratchet, just connect it up like a socket and turn. Stick your finger in there, if you can feel fluid, then you're find but it still could be a bad diff not slipping when you're turning. But if it's low on fluid, fill it up with gear oil, you'll need a syphon and see if the noise goes away

SOM
    '01 Camaro SS

Check for tire rub marks inside the fenders. If the suspension is giving that much, you could see if the moaning you're hearing is tires rubbing. It happened with my '99 when the end snapped off of my Hotchkis Panhard Rod. Also, check the driveshaft clearance. If anything is coming into contact with the driveshaft, that might also make some noise. The only other noise like that coming from the back of the car would point to the diff. But, that's only if you don't have a Torsen. They tend to make clicking sounds when the spider gears start to give.

blk
    2002 Z2835th anniv

Check your torque arm bushing, and your trans mount. Start your car up and put it in reverse then shift to drive if you hear a thumping noise that's your problem.

Thread Information