Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

No Oil, Wal-Mart to Blame.

Just one day ago i had the oil and filter changed on my Camero. Well i got in my car the next day and low and behold i have no oil pressure. So getting all pissed i decide to blame the car and oil pump. I started by checking to see if i had any oil and guess what. it didnt have a drop in it! Checking furter i noticed my Filter AND Drain plug werent properly sealed. So i am curious as to what legal rights i would have to make them pay for any damages to my motor.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

well, as much as i hate to flame ya, but man, oil change at wal-mart? Thats pretty rough dude, i wouldn't have my enemy's oil changed at wal-mart. However, I do not know anything about legal actions, but if it comes down to it, call a lawyer, i'd imagine one of them could/would help you out over the phone for free.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    well, as much as i hate to flame ya, but man, oil change at wal-mart? Thats pretty rough dude, i wouldn't have my enemy's oil changed at wal-mart. However, I do not know anything about legal actions, but if it comes down to it, call a lawyer, i'd imagine one of them could/would help you out over the phone for free.
    haha took the words right out of my mouth...
    its not worth a lawyer, unless you seriously messed up your motor by driving it WITHOUT OIL i wouldnt even waste my money... i would on the other hand go by some oil *walmart has mobil one in the 5 quart jugs for like 22$* and do my own oil changes from now on...where are u from? damn ill do ur oil change next time if ure in my area!!!

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Chances are it had oil on the drive home and most leaked out during the night - but then again you'd have seen an oil puddle under the car.

First thing of course is to notify that Wal Mart about what you experienced ASAP, the longer you wait the less chance you'll have trying to prove their negligence was the cause of any damage.

And of course someone's head should roll, the oil change kid may not know that things have to be tightened, not just lightly screwed on.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

holy crap! i'd probably go kick a trash can or something. but why, o why go to wal mart to get your oil changed, not only are the ignorant, they dont care about the car and they use shit oil. i'd call asap and thro a fit, if not they will try to put it off on someplace else

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

If the car had oil put in it at Walmart and it leaked out you'd know it alright.......it'd be everywhere!!!!!!!!! Blown all under the bottom of the car......a puddle under it after it sat something......not trying to beat you up but never never never take your car to Walmart to have anything done......if you can point out what a car looks like they will hire you......

How far did you drive after you picked the car up? If it was empty I think you wouldn't make it far.......take a look under the car and see what's under there......

As far as legal aspect......first and foremost talk to the store manager. Dont waste your time with anyone else. If there is damage to the motor you'll have to get a lawyer and go after them......most of the time they bank on the fact that you wont go that route.....factor in how much a new motor would cost......court fees and such.......you could sue for court costs also......

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

it was blown all under it and the only reason it was done at wal mart was because i was in one hell of a hurry.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy351w View Post
    it was blown all under it and the only reason it was done at wal mart was because i was in one hell of a hurry.
    Hey.....not going to bust your balls...sucks that this happend.....but I do hope that if there is damage you go after them......nothing ventured nothing gained......

Most I would expect is to call them and yell. They should offer you free oil and filter. Theyll prolly offer a free oil and filter CHANGE, but dont do it.

If youre in a hurry, then wait until you can change it yourself. Takes less than a half hour.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Since everyone has done told you not to goto walmart i will skip that part.
    I had a customer that had an issue, well they took it in and they drained her tranny fluid and over filled her oil, I guess they got plugs confused, in the end they just re-did the services.
    Good luck on all, I would have the car looked over by a mechanic and call walmart asap, also call there corp. offices not just the store. First call the store and get the managers name and explain him the situation, then keep going higher and higher until you are satisfied with your results. Dont give up at the lowest level.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

They are coming to look at it today. I also pointed out that after i checked the oil for the 25th time i noticed no oil filter at all.... i kno i am a dumb ass.....but....someone will pay.... ohhh they will definatly pay.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I have read a lot of threads about this happening at wal-mart and jiffy lube, and I learned one thing. If it happens, do not post about it online. Do not tell a friend. Do not tell your wife. NO ONE. Then, drive it until the engine is TOTALED. I mean, no chance of saving. A lot of people wal-mart would not pay for damages to engine, but, every one who had their engines totaled got a free ENGINE!! I am only 18 though and even I change my own oil =P, although I gotta admit, driving up onto ramps with a clutch is tricky as hell.

Yeah, I definitly would have totaled my engine if I were you. Tell them to deliver you the new ls1, and then, trade that with a little cash for a new ls6.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

Well what they dont know it that it was a junker to begin with so i am sure to get a new motor
    as for the ls6 i would but i dont feel likt fighting with that so im just going to drop a built 383 stroker in its place.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

My wife took her 93 jimmy to walmart to have two new tires put on the front.The ones on the front were only three months old so she told them to rotate them to the rear and get ruid of the two bad ones on the back.Went to pick up the truck I noticed that the tires on the rear was still the wornout two that she asked them to remove,They put the new tires on the front and throw away the good ones that was to go on the rear.I got with the Manager and showed him what happen.We found the two tires they took off the front in the throw away pile.They put them on the next day.Walmart is a good place to shop, but to do anything else noway.Real LS1 men change their own oil any ways. I just wish that I could mount and balance my own tires.

Red
    1998 A4 TA

I bought a used diesel truck from a dealership once, and they changed the oil in it for me before I left the lot. The guy that changed it didn't put near enough in since diesels take more oil than the gasoline engines. After about a month of calling the dealership everyday and someone at their corporate office, I got the engine swapped out with a newly rebuilt one at their expense, but I bought the car in Kansas and didn't notice until I got it back to Texas.

Anyway, that's total bull. I'd raise hell. Maybe you can get your engine rebuilt out of it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

We still have no heard about the damages to the motor? what happened?

Sunset Orange
    2002 TransAm

Had a friend that the same thing happened to. What a BAD break.
    2002 Sunset Orange TransAm 6 spd.
    http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1327/dadsigpic2.jpg

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

well here is the report so far. they looked it over and the plug and filter were fine. the oil blew out from the pressure switch or something like that. so they gave me 5 qts of oil and and a filter. they said see what that does after i replace the switch($10) If there is any internal damage then to let them know about it and we will go from there.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i thought you said that there was no oil filter

green
    94 z28

Actually, you can really get walmart for all of this.

Seriously...when I read the title of this I thought that the news spread or something, because just a few days ago someone in my town had the exact same thing happen where walmart was suppose to change their oil and didn't and it really messed with their car. Low and behold, they are currently taking legal actions against walmart. If I hear anything about it, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thread Information