black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

NGK TR55's VS DENSO IRIDIUM's

what is the deal with everyone using ngk tr55's in their ls1's? i use denso iridiums which happen to be the best material of all spark plugs and you only change then every 100,000 miles and they increase your 1/4 mile time about .5 to .7 seconds the only downfall is you lose about 30 miles in your gas tank i use to get 280 combined highway and street now get 250 on a stock ws6 after all the pontiac owners manual does say use only denso spark plugs right?

TR 55's have worked fine for me, plus they're cheap, and I don't mind changing plugs. 100K on plugs - not me.

White
    2001 Trans Am

you only change then every 100,000 miles and they increase your 1/4 mile time about .5 to .7 seconds

If you gained .5 to .7 on plugs alone(That would calculate to approx. 35-60HP increase, by the way). AND you only change them every 100,000 miles, then you've got some learning to do.

NGK's are cheap, effective, tough, and tried and true. Research.

black

buddy thats what the label on the denso iridiums say gauranteed 100,000 miles why would they lie? go to any autozone and they will tell you themselves they last that long so maybe youve got some learning to do...

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

maybe 100,000 is possible, but no offence -.5 to .7 in the 1/4 is a pretty stupid statement. Assuming you meant decrease your 1/4 by .5 to .7, cause you said increase which would definitly be another downside. . .

black

nah man thats what the label says man

White
    2001 Trans Am

#1. NO plug will increase your 1/4 mile by .5- .7:::UNLESS your plugs are severely shot.
    #2. The formentioned, severely shot plugs, are only seen with people who think that changing plugs once every 100k miles is OK, because "The label says so."
    #3. AutoZone says so(should be your first hint).
    #4. AutoZone doesnt even carry NGK's; so of course, they are going to try and sell you something"equivelant" or "better".
    #5. "Why would they(marketing department) lie?" Hmm, Im scratching my head in wonder............ BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL A PRODUCT.

Trade your car, buy a Honda, and put a Tornado on it.

NOTE: I was driving LS1's when you were still riding your big sister's tricycle. Im pretty well aquainted with them.

black
    98 z28 m6

The reason your the only one using them is because you believe their gimmics. Sure they may last 100k miles but why would you keep them in that long? I change my plugs every other oil change, might be a little often for some but plugs arent that expensive to me. .5-.7 in 1/4 with just plugs is a joke. If you truly think spark pulgs can make that big of a diff then YOU are the one that needs learning, not us. And let me guess...you own one of those tornadoes that increase you gas milage by 5mpg and hp by 20?

Edit-funny how as soon as i posted this i read the above post that wasnt there before about the tonado lol
    Last edited by ttocs; 04-20-2006 at 02:13 PM.

black

damn why you all hatin i only said what the label said and no i dont own a tornado now that a gimmick cause its all made of tin i just thought a you couldnt lie on a label of your product because the company might get sued that is all

White
    2001 Trans Am

You gotta be really careful out there man. You are (at least, relatively) new to this game. Alot of people will be more than glad to take your money. The best thing you can do is spend as much time as you can on this board. You will learn alot, and most people will be glad to help(even if it is a little harsh, sometimes).

White
    2001 Trans Am

Edit-funny how as soon as i posted this i read the above post that wasnt there before about the tonado lol[/QUOTE]

Yea! No kiddin! Nice car man, doin pretty good for 17

black

well thanks for the feedback anyway

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Maybe the better question would be, how come so many ls1 guys use NGKs? Trust me when I say ls1 guys are picky about what they use on their cars. If NGKs werent up to par they wouldnt be so widely used by us.

Besides, $1.50 for a plug is simply awesome.

Thread Information