Thread: Next mod help.

White
    99 trans am

Next mod help.

My next mod is either springs or lcas and Phb. Its my dd and I race, Street or track. I would like someone's input that has these mods and what kind of difference will I see if I put the lcas and phb on? I understand what they do but is it a big difference?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Yes, more so then the springs. I, myself am going through the same dilemma. After listening and talking it over with some of the others here I've got my mind made up about 80% sure I'm going to get a new TA, LCA's and PHB after I get some answers from UMI about how my setup and their products will match.

Those three items I mention will help eliminate wheel hop and spin and let you launch pretty straight out the gates.

Have you gotten SFC's yet? If not I recommend those be the priority. Our cars can flex even under stock power.

I had to change out my springs last Christmas because of spring sag.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

White
    99 trans am

My springs are in good shape, little soft in the back but no problems. I'll do springs next paycheck and when o sell my bike ill have at least 1500 to play with.

NBM
    1998Z28

Quote Originally Posted by White99ta View Post
    My next mod is either springs or lcas and Phb. Its my dd and I race, Street or track. I would like someone's input that has these mods and what kind of difference will I see if I put the lcas and phb on? I understand what they do but is it a big difference?
    People who lower their cars with aftermarket spring have to run relocation brackets on their rearend to get the LCA to work correctly. When you start buying aftermarket suspention parts make sure you get the adjustable parts and not the nonadjustable. It will make a big difference when you start trying to hook up at the track.
    TSP 347 SB, TSP Stage 2.5 PRC LS6, TSP MS4, Performabuilt Stage 2 4L60E, Yank PT4000, 4.11s, Fast 90/90, FTRA Cold air intake+all the free mods, Dynatech Supermaxx Exaust System, DMH Cutouts, Hooker Catback/FTRA Tips. Tuned by RPM/Garner NC. 11.28@119

Pewter metallic
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

I'm happy with my nonadjustable edelbrock rear lower arms, adjustable would've been better, if I hadthe money at the time. The eiback sportline springs were really nice on SMOOTH curvy backroads and straight pulls butbwere too low and stiff for my daily driving so I settled for summits springs on a budget. They're a decent mexium between the stock and sportlines, but in a couple years after upgrading brakes and wheels, I'll try hotchis or somethingelse. Have my first kid on the way so I have to worry about keeping it running right more than making it "better."so, I have some barely used eibachs if anyone is interested...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    People who lower their cars with aftermarket spring have to run relocation brackets on their rearend to get the LCA to work correctly. When you start buying aftermarket suspention parts make sure you get the adjustable parts and not the nonadjustable. It will make a big difference when you start trying to hook up at the track.

I don't really consider my car lowered in the sense like everyone else does. When I put on my Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop) I actully gained about 1.5 inches. If you take from the top of the wheel well and go straight through the center of the wheel my car sits at 26.5 " all around. With the springs, SFC's, TSB 17" wheels & Nitto NT555 tires it feels like it is on rails already. Can't wait till what I just order comes in. TA, LCA, TA relocate kit, & PHB

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Right View Post
    I'm happy with my nonadjustable edelbrock rear lower arms, adjustable would've been better, if I hadthe money at the time. The eiback sportline springs were really nice on SMOOTH curvy backroads and straight pulls butbwere too low and stiff for my daily driving so I settled for summits springs on a budget. They're a decent mexium between the stock and sportlines, but in a couple years after upgrading brakes and wheels, I'll try hotchis or somethingelse. Have my first kid on the way so I have to worry about keeping it running right more than making it "better."so, I have some barely used eibachs if anyone is interested...
    I got the Hotchkis springs and are really liking them. Strano springs I hear are even better. If I wear these out I'll try them next.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

You have to be a member here for 3 months and have a minimum of 100 posts to sell anything through the site. Forum rules.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by White99ta View Post
    Ya that's retarded. I could see maybe 50 but 100 is a lot. I don't spend my life on a computer
    It's to protect the members here and to alleviate people from being scammed.

Thread Information