Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie here, one question

I currently own an 05' STi and am going to be purchasing a slightly used C5. I have no experience with LS1s. I need to know about how much horsepower and torque the C5 can get with basic bolts ons. I dont know the "basics" for LS1 mods, but Im assuming cams, headers, full exhaust, intake? And about how much will all that put on the dyno (torque and horsepower). And about what quarter mile will that produce. Thank you.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Dude, that vette is gonna suck your balls inside out!

LOL. Im getting really tired of:
    1) AWD
    2) No power after 110mph

anyone else? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

There's only one cam, but depending on how aggressive you get it....with full bolt on's you'd see 400+ at wheels...even more with a set of AFR heads that match the cam. As you know the modding never ends though. After you get the power...you have to get it to the ground...suspension, DR's and many more. Launching a high hp rwd car is a whole different ball game then your sti.

Badass.

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

that c5 will that subaru

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

spank it hard!

99PontTA
    get ready for some serious eye opening performance! I let the local computer shop guy that owns a wrx drive my TA..he about shit!

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 99PontTA
    get ready for some serious eye opening performance! I let the local computer shop guy that owns a wrx drive my TA..he about shit!
    Dude you're brave...I wouldn't let a guy that drives a awd car drive my rwd, just begging for it to go sideways into a tree. Unless I know the guy has experiance with a rwd 300+hp car.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

It definitely is a different experience, indeed.

What are the power differences between a stock C5 and Z28. And what are th power differences between a stock C5 Z06 and a Z28. Reason Im asking, is I spanked a Z28 last night on the freeway, and wasnt impressed..

A c5 and a z28 both have the same power except the c5 has a better induction and exhaust. 01 and 02 ls1's came with more power because of the ls6 intake. A c5 ZO6 comes 405hp. Which is basically an LS1 with better heads, cam, induction, and exhaust.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by wrxrick
    ... Reason Im asking, is I spanked a Z28 last night on the freeway, and wasnt impressed..
    If you "spanked a Z28" and "wasn't impressed", obviously the Z28 was not racing you. He or she probably wasn't even paying any attention to you.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

I take my 2000 Trans Am, LS1, WS6, Ram Air to the local track on Friday nights. There are two STI's who run there and I race them all the time. I have to admit that their 60 feet time is better than mine but after 60 feet, they see nothing but my tail lights. The STI has no top end.

05 Wrangler

What are the power differences between a stock C5 and Z28. And what are th power differences between a stock C5 Z06 and a Z28. Reason Im asking, is I spanked a Z28 last night on the freeway, and wasnt impressed..
    whats mods do you have? Also the z28 could of been a lt1...since you don't seem to know the difference.

Yep...hence the name of the thread.. LS1 Newbie...all I know is that it was a Z28 with dual exhausts and fatter tires. I have a catless exhaust and intake elbow.

05 Wrangler

Yep...hence the name of the thread.. LS1 Newbie...all I know is that it was a Z28 with dual exhausts and fatter tires. I have a catless exhaust and intake elbow.
    yea had to of been a lt1...their nose has a lot sharper point to it and their headlights aren't rounded...their hoods have 2 air vent looking things in them. You might be able to slowly walk a stock auto ls1 with 2.73's with your mods...but even then you'd by no means spank one...especially on the highway. The lt1's are know for their bottom end...ls1's are known for their top end pull....so the lt1 stock wouldn't be near as fast at high speeds.

Besides the big wing and the hood scoop on the sti...I kinda like'em. It seems to be a well built car and is awd which is good for all weather. BTW welcome to the board...when you gonna trade in for the vette??

Thanks for your post...Im pretty sure it was an lt1 then. Heck, it could have been auto for all I know. I plan on trading for a vette within 2 years.

P.S. How would a stock C5 compare to an lt1 top end? Im guessing it would demolish it.

99PontTA
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Dude you're brave...I wouldn't let a guy that drives a awd car drive my rwd, just begging for it to go sideways into a tree. Unless I know the guy has experiance with a rwd 300+hp car.
    i made sure the traction control was on all the time...1st thing he did was try to right turn from a stop full throttle...if the tcs would have been off he would of prolly wrecked my wifes car.He wanted me to drive his wrx afterwards..i said no...he insisted...i wast impressed in any way...........infact i kinda wondered why in the hell anyone who wants a fast car would buy the wrx...its more of a rally car if you ask me.

Thread Information