Thread: Newbie

black
    2001 trans am

Thumbs up Newbie

Hey guys I'm a newbie . Been browsing around and seems like there's a lot of you that really know your cars. Anyways, my first question is what do i need to do to my car if I'm about to hit 50,000 miles to keep it well maintained and get the most life out of it? It's an automatic 2001 WS6 daily driver. Not many mods besides headers, borla, k&n filter and torque converter. Again, just wanna get the most out of it so any help/advice is greatly appreciate it.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hey man and welcome to the pile.....you ask a sorta never ending question......how do I haul ass forever.....I'll try and give it a start.....
    Keep good oil in it....change the filters....oil/air/PCV....keep the trannie fluid changed and clean/full.....so many forget about the rear end diff.....drain and change at least once a year....keep her tuned...good plugs and wires.....keep the air pressure in your tires dead nut.......wash her and polish her.....always run 93 octane.......and your good to go man....I'm sure the kids will chime in....best advise this old man can give you.....research and learn......your on the right track dude.....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

black
    2001 trans am

Hey thanks alot bro. now for another one tha may cause a debate...what is the best oil out there? I currently use mobil 1. Should I start doing synthetic too?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Welcome to the board bro As for the best oil...read the whole oil junkie thread in this general help forum. If ya read it all you'll be a expert

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Hey man and welcome to the pile.....you ask a sorta never ending question......how do I haul ass forever.....I'll try and give it a start.....
    Keep good oil in it....change the filters....oil/air/PCV....keep the trannie fluid changed and clean/full.....so many forget about the rear end diff.....drain and change at least once a year....keep her tuned...good plugs and wires.....keep the air pressure in your tires dead nut.......wash her and polish her.....always run 93 octane.......and your good to go man....I'm sure the kids will chime in....best advise this old man can give you.....research and learn......your on the right track dude.....
    and hello

Thread Information