Black
    99 Trans Am

New TA, needs some TLC. Suggestions?

So long story short I just got my 99 Black Trans Am. This is my 2nd bird, I had a 2000 Firebird before this one. I got it from a dealer who got it from an auction, so I assume she's been repossessed and sat somewhere unattended for awhile. She has had one previous owner, and he did some mods to it. From what it looks like this car was taken to a drag strip or a track. (The back axle has been replaced and the bolts are longer than normal. I was told slicks where on it at one point, and there are touring bars in the front and back, no pictures because they're hard to see unless the car is on a lift) I'll list what I can tell has been done to the car, and what needs some attention. Please comment if you have any input or corrections.

The only thing I had to get done to here mechanical wise was have the Oil Pressure Switch replaced. (Common problem from what I understand.)

Just a front profile. The hoods been replaced with a raptor hood.

Side view, as you can see I need to replace the wheel caps (the little center things) I want to get some of either the Trans Am Emblem or the Pontiac logo, anyone know of a good place to order some?

The headlights are good, eventually I want to replace them and the foglights for something a little brighter.

No fog lights

The seatbelt guides need to be replaced. If I am right 16799273 & 16799272 are the part numbers for both drivers and passenger sides. The gray ones.

Can anyone recommend something to get this off without hurting the paint, and something to restore the faded Trans Am emblem?

I can't seem to get this white stuff off the center console. Suggestions?

The back seat seams are coming loose, a good upholstery place should be able to fix this?

The back area has a few stains in the carpet, suggestion for anything that might be able to get rid of them?

The battery had to be replaced and the ends where you connect the battery look like they could be replaced. And the only thing I can see is the air filter is not stock. I can't tell on anything else though.

And the dash has the infamous cracks, beyond repair. It is basically in 4 pieces, there are 5 cracks that have run the height of the dash panel and separated it. Course you can't see it because of the dash cover I got. I believe 10422746 is the part number to replace it.

That's mostly it, I know eventually I want to replace the interior speakers and the CD deck. But if anyone has any suggestion or input please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by IceCrown87; 07-05-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I think the airbox is special for that hoods ram air to work correctly

Black
    99 Trans Am

Also was looking at getting a interior dash kit, just something to put along the air condition vents and the CD area.

Something maybe like this:
    http://www.carid.com/1999-pontiac-tr.../bi-65705.html

Just something to add a silver trim along certain areas. Has anyone had luck with kits like this or can suggest something?

2002 trans am ws6

that air filter sure looks a bet dirty

2002 trans am ws6

Oh and congrats on the buy..

Black
    99 Trans Am

I'll replace the air filter when I change her oil in about 1k more miles.

Thread Information