Thread: New LS1

Black
    2002 Z28

Thumbs up New LS1

All I can say is that the LS1 is awesome. I had looked for a long time to find a low mileage M6 car and finally found it. Believe it or not I had given up and was actually at a “ cringe” for dealer ship looking at the new mustangs and found this car. I couldn’t believe it. The car is a black on black 2002 Z28 with every option that I know of and the best part was it only had 12k on the ticker. Needless to say I bought the car in under an Hour after putting on a rack and haggling with the salesman. The dealer told me that the car had only been there for one day. Now that’s luck. I have yet to find any flaw or scratch on this car inside or out.

I have noticed that the low-end torque is not that of my LT1 and I bet my LT1 would win in a race. But I bet it wouldn’t win by that much and that’s comparing a full bolt on car to a Completely stock car. I can’t wait to see what this car will do with all of the boltons. I am trying right now to find a way to look at the back of the block to see if I got an LS6 block, I cant seem to find a mirror that I can see the numbers with.

What do you guys think of the Loudmouth catback??? Does it pop or sound any thing like a glasspack? What about interior sound?? Believe it or not the best sounding Ls1 car I ever heard had Mac long tubes and a Borla catback, it sounded awesome about like a formula car, no pops or anything tiny.

Also is our car painted behind that ugly plastic grill???

and if you do the free air box mod will it still work with the SSRA?
    Thanks guys LS1 rule!!!!!

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    man it is a brand new car.. it would hurt me to put new block in it drive a bit, put some miles on and then go crazy on her

sounds like a great car.. if you dont mind, how much did you pay?

thanks

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Congrats, that was a good find.

If you plan on keeping the stock manifolds and Y-pipe, then go for the Loudmouth. But if you want long-tubes and catless-Y (highly recommend by the way), then go for something else, Magnaflow, Borla, GMMG, or Hooker. Also, don't get the SLP LT's, ground clearance blows. Get the Kooks, that would be my rec. Oh yeah, put 4.10's in it ASAP.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Black
    2002 Z28

re

Thanks for the exhaust info. I do plan to install long tubes with an off road Y pipe. But I am also looking at the true dual set up, but I am wondering if you can get mufflers to fit under the car. I did get to race a late 90s cobra convertible. We raced from a 45 to 50mph roll, I will say it was ugly for him. I can’t believe how well these cars run on the top end. And I gave 15k for the car. I figured I could have found a better deal but I had the entire history on the car and it was exactly what I was looking for down to every option.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Magnaflow!
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

15K? i need your haggling skills. i got my 00 Z for 11995 with 47,000 miles

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

oh yea, black paint is a pain in the ass. i'd suggest if the front end is flawless, to order those plastic seals and get it proffessionally installed. in a few months you'll have more rock chips all over the bumper and hood it's really disappointing, especially if you lower it. but with the plastic, you damage it significantly, throw it away and get another cover put over the paint. barely visible and you won't really have to worry about waxing.

Thread Information