Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Need Some Help on a Fuel Injector

So Penwell opened this weekend and i went to see some cars race. When I left the track my car started to misfire pretty bad. I stopped as soon as I could to check it out because my air fuel gauge went rich. I think that one of the fuel injectors may have got stuck open because one of the plugs was clean and soaked with fuel while all of the rest of the plugs were coal black. I thought it was a coil at first but i took one off my buddies car and it didn't fix the problem. Can anyone think of what else it might be? I appreciate any help, thanks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

is the car running now? You can make a redneck stethoscope out of a long handled screwdriver by putting your ear to the handle and the tip on the injector. Listen to it fire and compare it to one next to it. I would also check that plug and make sure it's firing....like you said, could be ignition related too. Depending on the miles on your plugs/wires I'd probably start with the ignition. Sounds like you already have some ideas though so just post back and let us know what you find.

Metallic Blue

Thanks for that Idea of the stethoscope, ill try that when I get home tonight. I know for sure that the electrical system is good, when I tried my buddy's coil on my car i pulled the wire off the plug and it was shooting the spark. I also rolled the wires to see if the problem followed, but no success. If its not the Injector, this is going to get wierd fast because another thing i tried was that I connected the fuel line to the fuel injector rails and turned the key to the car to activate the fuel pump. Everything pressured up and I was expecting for that one injector to leak fuel but it didn't. Doesn't make sense to me.

Metallic Blue

So I got my injector back from testing and it was fine. I also did a compression test on that cylinder and what a surprise! It read about 15 PSI. I checked another cylinder and it read 150, so I think I found the problem of why it won't fire. Now the next step is to take the head off and see why I lost compression.
    I just think that it is wierd how it happened. I was just cruising the HWY at 1600 RPM in 6th gear when it started to act a fool! I have blown motors on the throttle but just cruising?
    I guess its time for a 408 Stroker boys and girls

Metallic Blue

After further review, I found out that I have a broken Rocker. The intake valve is not opening on Cylinder #2. So I guess no more stoker motor. I just wanted to let you guys know what I found maybe someone else has the same problem.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

thanks for the update.

Thread Information