Thread: Need some help

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Need some help

My husband has a 99 Suburban that we are having a helluva time diagnosing. We have had the freaking thing in the shop for about a month. We keep getting a code that says "random misfires". We did the obvious plugs, wires, filters ect. Still didn't help. Took it to the shop and they said it was injector #6. OK, brought it home and replaced the injector, still same shit! Took it back to the shop, they then told us it was the fuel pump (and charged us diagnostic fees again). Replaced that (over $300 for new pump). Still not the freakin' problem. Took it back to the shop again, waited a week to hear from them, now they are saying they have no clue what could be wrong and pretty much so "sorry 'bout your luck". It is worse when you start it up, missing and hesitating, after a while it will clear up a little bit (oh, I forgot that they cleaned the distributer of some corrosion, just put a new cap on when tuning up, forgot about that) but you can still feel a little hesitation under way. They found an article about the valves sticking and possibly needing to bore out the heads, but these people were only having trouble when towing, going up hill under a heavy load .That isn't our problem, ours is when first starting up but it doesn't always clear right up. There has been a couple times that it has had like a "muffled" backfire. Any suggestions? I asked my husband to not use the "throw money at it method" so we took it to the shop to find out. Over $600 later, we are still no closer to finding out the problem. I need to figure this out because I don't think we can all fit in the Camaro with a weeks worth of luggage for our vacation. PLease, any suggestions are appreciated!

Camaro

GM has a silent recall on the injectors for that year. It has to do with the MTBE the oil companys were putting in the fuel. The recall states that GM will clean or replace the injectors at no cost to the owner of the vehicle for a period of 10 years or 200,000 miles. I had this done to my old Suburban so call the dealer and ask about it or contact GM at (800) 222-1020

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

And rant until you get some money back for them not telling you that in the first place I've been there and being a dick worked for me and my wallet

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Thanks! I'll pass on the info to my hubby!

Thread Information