Erik

Need Help With Window

I have a 99z/28,and about a week ago my left window started to go up less and less when i pushed the button. I drove the car today and nothingfor some unknown reason it just wont go up. Has this ever happend to anyone? if so please help. thank you.

Black
    2002 Camaro

Sounds to me like your windo motor is shot, I just bought my 02 Z28 2 months ago and already had to replace my pass. window motor as well, Upon instalation I noticed that it had already been replaced at least once before. So in other words the Pass. window motor has been replaced at least 2 times in 3 years. This is a common problem in F-bodies because since the doors on these cars have no window frame they do not seel up 100% on the outer window seal. Over time they commonly fail from exposure to the elements. Now that you know what it is and why it happens you should be happy to know that a Auto-Zone replacement will only set you back about $45.00 with no core charge, if you want a GM unit that will set you back about $125.00 and you will have the same problem again within a few years either way.
    I do want to say though that you should take off your door panel and hook up the window motor connector to the leads of a voltage meter, It doesnt matter which ones you hook up to which side, Next turn your key switch on and hit the button on both sides of the doors. You should get a +12 volt signal, and a -12 volt signal when you hit the button either way because you are simply reversing the polarity of the wires depending which button you push (up or down). If you get this then it is 100% your motor, if you do not see any voltage then the problem is perhaps with a relay or switch.
    Hope this helps you out.

Navy Blue Metalic
    1999 Z28 Convertible

It's probably the window motor - The stock ones seem to burn out really quick. I put the autozone one in my Z28 about three years ago and it is still good. The install is fairly easy, but does involve some cutting (drilling) to get the old one out.

I just replaced the stock speakers in the doors and relubed the moving parts for the windows. I don't know if it was necessary, but I figured as long as I had the panel off, I might as well.

Thread Information