TX99z28

need help on where to get a front bumper

my car is a little bang up. my front pass. fender and the pass. side of bumper is messed up. i fond a fender a a junk yard for 40$ now i need the bumper. i was wondering if anyone had purchased one on ebay. i think i saw one that they will paint for you too. just had questions on how was the fit, or should i just buy it from the factory. please help my baby is hurt and she needs to get fixed.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by TX99z28 View Post
    my car is a little bang up. my front pass. fender and the pass. side of bumper is messed up. i fond a fender a a junk yard for 40$ now i need the bumper. i was wondering if anyone had purchased one on ebay. i think i saw one that they will paint for you too. just had questions on how was the fit, or should i just buy it from the factory. please help my baby is hurt and she needs to get fixed.
    Did you whack the metal sub fender at all, or just shatter the plastic and the bumper cover/light assembly? All that stuff comes right off with hand tools. Be careful of the ones you buy on e-bay. You want to get one that's OEM. There are some guys on there that buy bumpers and reman them. That's the way to go....DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT buy the (bumper cover) ones that claim to be made to OEM specs, but aren't off of a real car. They'll never fit. Also, make sure you don't need a crush panel too. You can find all this stuff pretty easy and cheap. The paint job is more expensive. If you whacked the sub fender at all, have a look at how the hood lines up with both sides of the engine compartment. If it's a little crooked, it's frame machine time to straighten the sub fender. I got my fenders and all the other parts from various guys at camaro sites, and the cover off of e-bay.

Thread Information