Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Exclamation Need Help!!! What Should I Buy!!??

Ok i have about $2k to play around with and i dont know which combo will net me the best performance or which 1 i need more so first off:

I HAVE:

2002 Trans AM WS6 CE M6
    425RWHP 411RWTQ DYNO TUNED

Thunder Racing 236/242 600./610. 111.5LSA Cam, Stock bottom end
    Fully upgraded valve terrain, ASP underdrive pully, LS2 Double roller timing chain,
    LS6 Intake, SLP LID, SLP smooth bellows, K&N filter, 10.5mm Accel Pro Race wires and NGK iridium sparks .5 gapped, Pacesetter headers with 3" mandrel bend X-pipe true dual exhaust (no cats), 4.10 rear stock 9bolt, Nitto 555dr 315/35/17R Street slicks, full BMR suspension except shocks, and a Hurst short throw shifter.

MY 2 OPTIONS: (please tell me also if there are BETTER parts then the ones i've selected)

LSX 90mm intake w/ 90mm Nick williams throttle body, LSX fuel rails with 42lb/hr SVO high impedance injectors. $1700 Approx total

OR

1) AFR Mongoose 205cc FULLY CNC 66cc Chambers COMPLETE $2205

2) Patriot Predator 205cc (2.05/1.60/59cc-72cc) 3.905-4.030 bore $1795

Now i have done some research on these parts and i know there good but not sure if they are THE BEST for gains so if there are better parts that will help my 1/4 mile the im all ears but i need to make a choise between these options, right now im leaning toward the heads i also hear that the TTPerformance heads are good. The owner tells me there similar to ETP heads so i dunno how good thoes are..

So please all info would be helpful!!!

THANKS!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

HEADS!! At your hp lvl the ls6 should be fine I think you'll see the biggest gains on the heads. Now which set are better I have no clue I'd just compare flow numbers.

Thats what i was thinking...I'd prefer the heads but i think too much flow will hurt my stock cube engine... I'm not sure with that but KEEP THE OPINIONS COMMING!!!

ALSO..... If the AFR's will net me the same performance as the Patriot Predators then saving money would help 2 cuz i could spend it on other mods or port matching.....

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

A little off topic but how long have you had that cam and have you had any clearance problems with it?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

heads will net you more gain over the intake.

the patriots will lower your compression. you don't need that. stock heads are 66cc chambers. i would get the AFR heads and get them down to 63cc chambers by having them milled.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Definitely the heads. I'd go with the AFRs. There's a reason they cost more. Don't skimp on the heads.

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    A little off topic but how long have you had that cam and have you had any clearance problems with it?
    I've had that cam for about a year plus a month and there is no clearence issues...cam is a monster in second gear its not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    heads will net you more gain over the intake.

the patriots will lower your compression. you don't need that. stock heads are 66cc chambers. i would get the AFR heads and get them down to 63cc chambers by having them milled.
    So your saying go with the AFR mongoose 205cc and get them milled.....Sounds good 2 me should net me around 30hp right? and should i have the intake port matched with the heads is that worth it when i get the intake or is it a waste of money?? And is there anything else i could do the heads to squeeze more hp outta them thats worth it?

Oh and 1 more thing i saw that AFR has a mongoose 76cc 205 bare, fully ported with no parts will that give me anything more that the AFR mongoose 66cc 205 bare, fully ported with no parts???

Thread Information