myothercarisaambulance rigdoctormark's Avatar

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

need help with ses

just got lt's with no air/egr and a ory. and i have a ses light now. do i need o2 sims or something else. also will i hurt my engine driving it in the mean time. i live in mississippi and can't tell you where the closest tuner is. should i skip the sims and get a predator and delete it? just seeking some advice and any help would be appreciated.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i got some o2 sims from thunderracing.com one of our sponsers. no ses lite for me. i also have a vinci hand held programmer
    2002 Z28 M6, Suncoast Creations ram air, port/polish TB w/ bypass and bumpstop, heater hose mod, stainless steel long tubes, ORY w/ dual cutouts, Magnaflow, BMR SFC, UMI Torque Arm, LS7 clutch w/ drill mod, Pro 5.0 w/ Lous short stick, MSD wires, 4.10s, good maintenancehttp://www.fquick.com/blue02z

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're probably getting a shit load of codes...all the a.i.r., egr, cat and o2 codes. You'll need to get them tuned out...yes a predator version 2.1 or higher will tune out all the codes. You could buy sims like you're saying but you'll still get the egr and air codes...i'd just get a tune.

You can also get mail order tunes...you just tell them all your mods and the codes you want tuned out. Try http://www.pcmforless.com/ ...you can send them your pcm or pay a core charge and they'll send you one. All future tunes are only $50...but it's $250 for the initial tune.

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

ok thanks but will i hurt my engine driving before tune or sims are gotten?

Won't hurt to drive it, since you have an '02 all you should be getting is secondary AIR and rear 02 codes. Problem with the light being on is you won't know if/when another code sets for something else, unless it starts flashing for a misfire or something. If a local tuner is no where in sight Predator is probably the way to go IMO.

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

thanks, thats what i needed to know.

Thread Information