Midnight Blue
    2002 Z28

Need help making a choice??

Alright, heres my situation. I just finished putting bolt ons on my 02 z28 like lid, bellow, headers, magnaflow cat back, and tomorrow its going into the shop for a dyno tune. Im running my car this weekend at Sacramento, but next week i am faced with a choice - either keep the camaro and put more money and mod it more or trade it in for a Silver 01 Z06 and mod that. I am faced with the option of keeping the camaro or going with the Z06, I just wanted your opinions on what you would do if faced with the same situation.

NBM
    '00 Z28

I'd go with the Z06

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If the maro is paid off i'd keep that.....otherwise might as well SELL it and get the z06. Never trade a car in unless you're just trying to get rid of a $500 junker. You won't get shit for a trade...put her on autotrader and see who bites, the weather should start warming up here in sac and everyone and their mother wants a sports car in the spring/summer.

Midnight Blue
    2002 Z28

Actually i just got the maro, only had for about 4 months so i am still making payments on it. The dealer called me up telling me to pass by because they got in a corvette and wanted me to check it out, only reason is because I told them the vette is what i was looking for in the first place. The dealer is willing to do just a straight trade with me, keep same payments, same rates, same everything - just different car.

Necction
    Straight trade between a 02 Camaro and a 01 Z06?????

Umm something doesnt seem right there. What kind of relations do you have with this dealer ?

Midnight Blue
    2002 Z28

Im really tight with the boss and all the workers of the dealership, its not just a straight trade. My monthly payments will be the same, the only thing im paying extra for is the car itself, other than that there is nothing else i have to worry about. Ive only had the maro for 4 months and only made 4 months worth of payments - the total cost of the vette will be higher than the maro obviously but I will still be paying the same monthly. basically Im trading cars and im just paying more in the end with no other costs or fees just that damn 29k price tag of the vette.

I would have to go with the Z06, better starting point to do mods.

~Alex

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Id get the z06

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by fordkiller
    Im really tight with the boss and all the workers of the dealership, its not just a straight trade. My monthly payments will be the same, the only thing im paying extra for is the car itself, other than that there is nothing else i have to worry about. Ive only had the maro for 4 months and only made 4 months worth of payments - the total cost of the vette will be higher than the maro obviously but I will still be paying the same monthly. basically Im trading cars and im just paying more in the end with no other costs or fees just that damn 29k price tag of the vette.
    I don't see how they can do that without extending the length of the loan by a huge margin...most financial places won't go over 78ish months. So with the same payment per month they'd have to pretty much double the length of the loan....depending on what you owe on the maro and the price tag of the vette. Dealers are shady..even if you know them. Good luck with the Z06 though, they're bad ass

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Can you return your Z28 to stock and still do the deal? You'd be better off if you can get some of your mod money back, since none of the parts would really fit the 'vette.

The Z06 is so much lighter, that you'll always be much faster mod for mod. But I'm sure you are paying for that performance some how. As stated above, if your payment stays the same, then it's obvious you are going to be making that payment a lot longer. Look at the overall cost and not just the payment. If it's still worth it to you, then I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome.

Just remember, the vette mods will generally be more expensive than the same mods on an F-body. But headers, a cam and a tune on a Z06 would be bad ass!

Good Luck!
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Personally, Id keep the Z28. Insurance is cheaper and in the end you will have paid less for a car (if properly modded) that will faster than the Z06. Z06 performance is just a head/cam swap away. And can be attained alot cheaper!! When you do race that Z06 you can smile when your passing it with a few extra bills in your pocket. Id much rather beat a Z06 than loose to a fast Camaro.

Midnight Blue
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    Personally, Id keep the Z28. Insurance is cheaper and in the end you will have paid less for a car (if properly modded) that will faster than the Z06. Z06 performance is just a head/cam swap away. And can be attained alot cheaper!! When you do race that Z06 you can smile when your passing it with a few extra bills in your pocket. Id much rather beat a Z06 than loose to a fast Camaro.

Thats true and does make sense if you think about it, But also what hammertime said is also true. But im still trying to make up my mind... Thanks everybody for all the help.

Thread Information