Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Need Help with LS1

I have a 02 Camaro SS, i have a TSP MS4 cam, stock heads. I started having problems with my car about a week ago. WhenI come to a stop light, car begins to idle, then shuts off. It seems like it starts to struggle to stay on. Hooked it up to OBDII computer, it read meaages about my two O2 senosrs being bad. They were having low volt readings and a lean air fuel mixture. After changing my O2 sensors, it still does the same thing, however it does run a little better. It still does shut off at idle on road, but not as often. A friend said he thought it was my TSP and IAC (Idle Air Control). He said the computer was reaeding my TSP was low, it was going all the way down to 0%, and it should not be doing that. He said that the IAC my be needing to be adjusted, if it is bad, it is giving a bad reading to the TSP and shutting the car off at idle.

What do you guys think it may need? What other things could be causing this problem?

black
    99 Z28

is your car tuned?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

tune it

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Well when I bought it, it had been tuned down. The previous owner said he tuned it down so it would be a little more affordable, with gas prices going up. I will try to get it tuned so it drives the way it should, we'll then I guess. Thanks everyone.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by SS201 View Post
    Well when I bought it, it had been tuned down. The previous owner said he tuned it down so it would be a little more affordable, with gas prices going up. I will try to get it tuned so it drives the way it should, we'll then I guess. Thanks everyone.
    eh bullshit on his part, tuning optimizes the efficiency of the way it runs.

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    eh bullshit on his part, tuning optimizes the efficiency of the way it runs.
    true, and unless he did some major part-throttle tunning. because im sure your car is just tuned at WOT so if he de-tuned at WOT then it wont do anything to your gas-mileage.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

oh, well thats good info. I will get it tuned to where it needs to be. So it runs the way it should with that cam.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

What exactly needs to be donen to fix my engines timing?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What exactly needs to be donen to fix my engines timing?
    A tune
    If it was a small block chevy then you would have gotten the old timing light and did it manually. I don't know how good your local tuner is but you may talk to frost about a mail order tune.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Has anyone here used LS1 Edit? Pros Cons?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Has anyone here used LS1 Edit? Pros Cons?
    Hp Tuners is the way to go.

This could be a couple of things. 1st your TPS could be bad. 2nd how long (miles) has it been since you replaced your 02's? and did you unplug the battery afterwards? 3rd could be the tune, but would be stange to happen out of now where unless someone reflashed your computer with the stock tune. 4th was the TB screw adjusted recently? That is something you shouldnt need to touch unless you do a cam, but then again you would need a tune. 5th low fuel pressure, how does it do at WOT? that will tell alot, does it stutter at all while driving? 6th have you checked all of the plugs and wires?

Thats just a few off of the top of my head. are there any other symptoms?

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

My O2's hadn't been replaced, I just did with Bosch O2s. I did reset the Engine light, when I did a test run, It came back on as I gassed It on highway. I have not touched the TB screwset, I've had the car two years now. Fuel PSI is 40-something at run, goes up to 60-some at ignition start, have a high volume fuel pump. However I've always have had to prime the fuel, I always turn the ignition to run twice before starting. I had the car given a tune up like last August, but it was in storage all winter. Replaced plugs and wires then. I'm getting ready to change plugs, I bought NGK's. What plugs do you recomend? Sometimes when I gas it hard, it kinda lags on accelaration.

HP Tuner, where and how much $?

Blog Entries

Navy Blue
    2015 RS

Did you get the car fixed? I have an 2000 SS. Mine would stall unless I kept my foot on the pedal. Come to find out the set screw on the throttle body open had came out, so I had to replace it.

I had the same lag on accelaration. A good tune fixed it.

My O2's hadn't been replaced, I just did with Bosch O2s. I did reset the Engine light, when I did a test run, It came back on as I gassed It on highway. I have not touched the TB screwset, I've had the car two years now. Fuel PSI is 40-something at run, goes up to 60-some at ignition start, have a high volume fuel pump. However I've always have had to prime the fuel, I always turn the ignition to run twice before starting. I had the car given a tune up like last August, but it was in storage all winter. Replaced plugs and wires then. I'm getting ready to change plugs, I bought NGK's. What plugs do you recomend? Sometimes when I gas it hard, it kinda lags on accelaration.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

The idle air flow tables take a while to relearn. so since you just replaced them, try unpluging your battery for 10-20 seconds and then start it. that will help the computer relearn after the bad 02's. what type of fuel pump. i have a racetronix and mine is above 60psi at the fuel rail unless im really into it. ngk's are great plugs, i use the tr55's. since it was in storage did you drain the fuel? that could be a part of it. gas does get old if it sits to long.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

What makes me think its not the tune is that it ran fine before going into storage. right?

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

I want to say it is Racetronics fuel pump, At idle it shoots 60-some PSI also. Well I got my car out of storage like in March. Since then I have gone through several tanks of gas, so I doubt its the gas. This problem just started like three weeks ago. I'll try resetting my the computer.

Yeah, it ran just fine before. The only other thing is, when I drove it for longer than 2 hours on highway and when I came to idle it did the same thing. That's one thing it's always done, but only at long rides on highway.

Another thing, when I did take it out of storage, I had to replace the battery. Battery went bad sitting in storage. I replaced it a week after I got it out. I just had to jump start it several times that week, Do you think it would have lost any programming during that time?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

no the only way to "lose" a tune is to have the pcm re-flashed. have you tried cleaning your IAC?

Black
    1998 & 1979 TA

Change your fuel filter also, 10 bucks.

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTNFISH View Post
    Change your fuel filter also, 10 bucks.
    Well not a bad idea, just another think to add to my check list.
    1. Clean TPS and IAC
    2. Check for leaks on intake, vaccum and injectors
    3. Replace spark plugs
    4. Check / Replace fuel filter.

Any more options you guys can think of?

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS

Well so far nothing worked. I dont know what to do now.

Thread Information