Thread: need help

blue
    99 camaro ss

need help

hey fellas my question is just latley my camaro has been hesitating up top along with an intial wot in 1st. i have a 99 ss with H/c/i magnaflow exhuast, and Ls1 edit with no cats and a hundred shot. i believe i has to with fuel delivery or maby the plugs are going south. Anyway i checked the fuel filter and clear of debree and that isnt causing the delay in power. Moreover the problem isn't consitent, for imediatly prior to the problem the car was running its best. Moreover another symptom of the problem besides the hesitation and lack of power is a rattle in the bottm end of 6th. between 1k to 2k. I don't just want to a mechanic and spend 2k to fix a probable 200 hundred problem. the motor has 85k and has only been sprayed twice. what could be causing the loss of power and hesitation? (Please help)

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Plugs and wires first.

100 shot? What plugs and gap?

blue
    99 camaro ss

ngk plugs with stock gaping hasn't been regapped to accomadate the bottle. do you think the plugs could be causing the hessitation

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Yes, I do,.

I hate to recomend alternates but Autolite 103 @ 0.038 will fire correctly under NO2, AC-Delco 41-913 @ 0.042 will provide a good streetable alternative.

People tend to hate good plugs under NO2 but these have proven out.

BTW: NGK makes the AC-Delco 41-913, they're pretty much a TR-4 equivalent as are the Autolite 103.

Make darn sure your wires are OK. Only a read here but good info:
    http://www.magnecor.com

blue
    99 camaro ss

great and i will definitly get to and pick up a set um but the hesitation happens off the bottle not while on the bottle, i haven't used the bottle since the hesitation started b/c of fear of making it worse,and is plug gapping best set for nitrous or off bottle performance b/c i only use the bottle at the track and for Cobras

00 LS1, WS6, V8 Gremlin
    96 & 98 GTPs, 64 'Cuda

Solve the problem withought the bottle then go from there.

Big tradeoff if you want to run nitrous, far colder plugs are needed and you've got to tend to them on a far more regular basis. I'd say the 41-913 are the best for street/strip for conventional mods, if you push things you're going to need the Autolite 103 as they're a bit colder under fire but will foul out easily under street conditions.

100 shot, the 41-913 @ 0.042 willl do fine.

blue
    99 camaro ss

thanks a bunch steve i will go pick up a set and look futher into the wires

Thread Information