Thread: need help

Black
    94 Z28

need help

So i got the car to crank it was the vats system and now it want to crank haha happy for a bit now the car has new headers but dont have the check valve or pipe coyld it be possible that woyld be the reason y it wont start and i hear pops?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This almost sounds like my car back when my intake bellows came off my throttlebody. Car stumbled, then eventually stalled. Whenever I went to fire the car up, it would hiccup and backfire then stall. Check the connections between the airbox/mass airflow sensor and throttlebody. If you have any rips in the intake track, this could be the culprit...or part of it anyway.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

ANOTHER THING:

Since yours is an LT-1, have you done a tune up at all? You could have crossed wires somewhere between the OptiSpark and the plugs...if the Opti isn't already toast.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

OP: Do your headers have the stand pipe mounts for the secondary air system?

Black
    94 Z28

Yeah i tuned it up but ill have a look tomorrow but im sure the spark wires r fine but ill double check just in case and do u think the air injection pipe has anything to do with this since there is a hole on the header where the air pipe connects too

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you have to seal those holes up....they'll give your front O2's fits. That being said I'm not sure if that'll keep the car from starting because the front O2's aren't being used until the car goes to closed loop. I agree with what Jeff was saying....check for a massive vacuum leak ( or leak post MAF) and your plug wire orientation first. How many miles on the opti and has the water pump leaked on it?

Black
    94 Z28

Yeah they have a secondary air pipe i guess i will order those today and get plug it with the air injection pipe and the check valve

Thread Information